Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: Khan Don't Believe He'll Beat Canelo, Is He Cashing In?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know not a lot of people are giving khan a chance but i think there is a possibility that khan can win this fight.
    Lets not forget even as a welterweight he had very quick hands and as a middleweight it should not change much. Canelo has a problem with pure boxers with fast hands e.g. Mayweather. The only problem is Khans defence, he cant go to war with Canelo and he is going to have to stay away. He needs to be defensive because Canelo gets frustrated.
    Lets not forget Canelo could not put away Cotto and cotto is really a welterweight.
    It depends soley on which fight both fighters bring on the night. If canelo boxes Khan he will lose. If Canelo fights Khan he can still lose but it depends what Khan shows up. Is it the khan who wants a war and potentially a KO or the Khan who plays it safe?
    I am going to say Khan by SD or a UD. I feel he has learnt alot recently and wont try to fight Canelo. He will be too quick both feet and hands. He will stay away and win on straights (he has a 1 inch reach advantage).
    I love a good underdog story lol. GGG is a totally different topic and Khan should move back down lol.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      My first feeling like everyone's was surprise followed by why .Khan like most loves the money and spotlight , the new arena ,HBO PPV he's done it well here only problem is the opponent who if he connects will render Amir unconscious for a long time. Unless he gets hurt which we hope he won't it's a win , win. Canelo is a big name but Floyd showed how to beat him , speed movement and even at times standing in the pocket.Only trouble here is Canelo is a better, more confident fighter now and Khan is no Mayweather.
      Canelo is supposed to be slow on his feet but against Lara who is very fast and slippery he was able to cut the ring down and trap him much more than expected. Khan is not expected to win and will be a underdog for the first time in his career so if he were to even come away with a gallant loss that would still rank highly but how much is he being paid for this showcase because there was around $15m on the table for Brook at Wembley ppv for the title with that one being an even betting affair , that may not always be there at that price were they both to acquire losses.
      So what's Khan up to, has his ego completely overtaken him or has he something to surprise us with , I sure hope it's not the mismatch the majority think inc. me but like i've said whether people agree with it or not it's happening and for that it takes some guts but Khan will have to prove he is who he says he is and can do a masterclass this is no Devon Alexander.
      I cant see khan getting paid anywhere near $15mil for this fight, and i also believe that this is purely a egotistical move, and that he actually believes he is alot better then he is, hes chasing the elite status, and we all know hes literally dying for floyd match and winning this fight would definatly get the world interested more so then ever before, how ever... Canelo is no joke, step up and fight Cotto would have made a good competitive fight at 154, one with a chance he could have won, but this? I just simply cannot see him winning. Khan did put on a masterfull performance against devon alexander but if you notice khans face was still a lil marked at the end of the fight. Canelo will land, mayb not in the 1st 2-3 rounds but he will midway and the ko or stoppage is inevitable. A lot of canelo's opponents said they didnt think he would be so strong and hit that hard.
      People comparing floyds easy win over canelo to possibility of khan doing the same, lol! Khan is no where near floyds level, floyd drained him extra 2 pounds in weight, and biggest factor canelo is improved alot since, if he could deal with a boxer mover like Lara who had a 3.5 inch reach advantage, what is khan gonna do with a-mir 0.5inch reach over canelo (pun intended) lol
      Canelo wins inside 6 no doubt

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking. It's a low-risk payday for Khan. He gets paid, maybe pulls an upset, most likely scenario he gets TKOd and blames the weight.

Comment

It takes one to know one. Kell doesn't believe that he beats Khan, and he wants the Khan fight to cash in!

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
            I cant see khan getting paid anywhere near $15mil for this fight, and i also believe that this is purely a egotistical move, and that he actually believes he is alot better then he is, hes chasing the elite status, and we all know hes literally dying for floyd match and winning this fight would definatly get the world interested more so then ever before, how ever... Canelo is no joke, step up and fight Cotto would have made a good competitive fight at 154, one with a chance he could have won, but this? I just simply cannot see him winning. Khan did put on a masterfull performance against devon alexander but if you notice khans face was still a lil marked at the end of the fight. Canelo will land, mayb not in the 1st 2-3 rounds but he will midway and the ko or stoppage is inevitable. A lot of canelo's opponents said they didnt think he would be so strong and hit that hard.
            People comparing floyds easy win over canelo to possibility of khan doing the same, lol! Khan is no where near floyds level, floyd drained him extra 2 pounds in weight, and biggest factor canelo is improved alot since, if he could deal with a boxer mover like Lara who had a 3.5 inch reach advantage, what is khan gonna do with a-mir 0.5inch reach over canelo (pun intended) lol
            Canelo wins inside 6 no doubt
            Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            Exactly what I was thinking. It's a low-risk payday for Khan. He gets paid, maybe pulls an upset, most likely scenario he gets TKOd and blames the weight.
            Both posts make sense, I'm still in shock that Khan has been able to jump the queue and agree this can only be an ego trip but at the same time until Khan spoils it with his trap.....good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
              agreed but khan ducked him just as hard as canelo is ducking everyone at 154 and 160...
              so no matter who is on his resume always remember it could have been khan!
              ducking ducking ducking ducking ducking, a true ducking boy here.

wasnt canelo ducking trout, then lara and then beat them both. isnt GGG ducking ward by wanting a 164 catchweight lol.

ducking ducking ducking ducking ducking, stupid ducking boys, you ducking boys need baseball bats to the face.

Comment

Whilst you can make a case for the general gist of what Brook is stating, Kell hasn't earnt the right to criticise Amir's choice of opponents. He's pushing 30 and he's stepped through the ropes with only one opponent of any real significance.

He also has no grounds for critising another prizefighter for fighting for a prize. The only time he's deviated from that himself is when he rematched Carson Jones.

Let's just stay with that for a second . . . . . Carson Jones.

Unfortunately Brook has done nothing tangable in his career that warrants him being involved in what amounts to, on these shores at least, a superfight.

I'm an admirer of Brook but he's fast approaching that bridge that takes him from great potential to wasted talent. Some would level that at Amir but at least he's dared, failed, dusted himself off and is daring once again.

All the while Kell has largely ran his mouth. He'd do well to make a move and quick.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                  Both posts make sense, I'm still in shock that Khan has been able to jump the queue and agree this can only be an ego trip but at the same time until Khan spoils it with his trap.....good luck to him.
                  He "jumps the queue" because he's a fighter with global name recognition. Stardom has its privileges.

Maybe next time Brook will learn that B-sides don't make offers / demands to A-sides

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
                    I know not a lot of people are giving khan a chance but i think there is a possibility that khan can win this fight.
                    Lets not forget even as a welterweight he had very quick hands and as a middleweight it should not change much. Canelo has a problem with pure boxers with fast hands e.g. Mayweather. The only problem is Khans defence, he cant go to war with Canelo and he is going to have to stay away. He needs to be defensive because Canelo gets frustrated.
                    Lets not forget Canelo could not put away Cotto and cotto is really a welterweight.
                    It depends soley on which fight both fighters bring on the night. If canelo boxes Khan he will lose. If Canelo fights Khan he can still lose but it depends what Khan shows up. Is it the khan who wants a war and potentially a KO or the Khan who plays it safe?
                    I am going to say Khan by SD or a UD. I feel he has learnt alot recently and wont try to fight Canelo. He will be too quick both feet and hands. He will stay away and win on straights (he has a 1 inch reach advantage).
                    I love a good underdog story lol. GGG is a totally different topic and Khan should move back down lol.
                    dude, canelo knocks out khan the moment he breaths, this fight is a joke...

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                      lose- make excuses bc he was bigger...then fight brook..and lose again and then make more excuses..say the canelo fight took a lot out of me i would have beat him in my prime...ALWAYS BEING THE LAUGHIN STOCK OF BOXING! THAT IS KHAN
                      only the mafia can save him in this one
                      Still makes $15-20 million from those two fights and laughing all the way to the bank.

Comment

Working...
                      X