No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Says Alfredo Angulo Will Be Foe on March 8th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Who has Alvarez KOed easily that makes you think he could do that to Angulo? The size, punching power, pressure vs slow footed guy with bad stamina, who doesn't like to get hit. Angulo had Lara under a lot of pressure, and Lara is a much better boxer/mover than Canelo.
    Ko'd ,who has he really beat ? Alfonso Gomez an old Mosley ? He beat trout who Lara beat way worse . Saul is this big star cause Mexicans make him one ,and that's fine. He hasn't shown he's anything near elite. I don't even dislike canelo it's just the truth.

Comment

Good, finally someone who will test Canelo's chin
      War Canelo

Comment

Although i dont like molinas style he deserves it more than angulo..molina gave kirkland,lara,cintron good fights...angulo is past it since a long time ago.

Comment

We will see what the ginger is made of!

Angulo will bring it to him all night long...far better fight (style-wise) than a Lara-Canelo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by lazaron72 View Post
            Canelo is ducking Lara . Lara earned his right a long time ago .
            Angulo ? The quitter ? Ducking .
            Lara will beat Canelo anytime .
            No one will pay to watch a Cuban on ppv

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
              BY FAR a More exciting fight than Lara, lets do it
              U know Lara will whoop Canelos ass that's why your happy.

Comment

Originally posted by New England
                Quote:

Originally Posted by HeroBando

Who has Alvarez KOed easily that makes you think he could do that to Angulo? The size, punching power, pressure vs slow footed guy with bad stamina, who doesn't like to get hit. Angulo had Lara under a lot of pressure, and Lara is a much better boxer/mover than Canelo.

for starters, angulo is not the durable fighter he once was. he's coming off of his second stoppage loss. he took a life changing beating against james kirkland. knocking him out off of a stoppage loss isn't going to be some massive feat.

KO'd? i won't lie and say that he's kayo'd a durable, prime JMW because he hasn't. the baldomir knockout was good looking, and clearly a hard punch, but baldomir was ancient, and did his best work at WW.

the best fighter that alvarez has hurt was trout. he was able to hurt him seriously with one punch. you can ask trout how hard canelo punches if you'd like. if he's candid, he will say that he punches hard enough to knock a junior middleweight out, especially if he is allowed to land consistently and in combination.

if you watch enough boxing you can get a good idea how hard a guy punches by observing how his opponents react to getting hit. there's an involuntary physical reaction [the head flying around, legs going,] but there's also a tactical one. alvarez opponents have all behaved like he can punch hard.

lara's movement isn't very professional when he's pressured. he still boxes a bit like an amateur. a professional who knows how to cut the ring off will sometimes perform better against a better boxer than he will against a hard puncher who can't box as well.

i'm curious, do you honestly think lara punches harder than canelo?
                No need to. Mosley said he punches as hard as Floyd. That isn't saying much is it?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  All Canelo fights should be on PPV if he has a fan base that will pay for it. If the market demands it, then it should be a go. If not, then it should be on regular ShowTime. PPV and popularity isn't about wins and losses. Plus he commands high purses and would put a dent in ShowTime's budget.

he doesn't, and he wont.

he'll have to keep winning for that, which i laid out in my post. you think manny and floyd would be the huge stars they were in their primes without the wins?

manny had to beat oscar. if he lost that fight he never would have become the massive, crossover star he became.

let's see how the ppv does, if it even comes to pass that it is a ppv. my money is on it being on showtime, and absolutely bombing if it's on ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by mex602 View Post
                    lara will never sell

he already got his ass beat by Molina.

nO ONE CARE ABOUT LARA except Canelo/mex haters

I wouldn't have mind seeing Canelo shut Lara up but it looks like Molina or Kirkland will do that.
                    You stay hating on Lara ? Why?

Comment

At 25 years old Erislandy Lara was fighting a 4-21-2 Deniss Aleksejevs, LMAO.

Imagine Canelo right now at 23 fighting a 4-21-2 fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X