Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you guys really think Pacquaio is better than Pernell Whitaker? last 20 years poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    being exciting and having more power doesnt make you a better fighter might make you more popular

Whitaker could do more in the ring, fight inside, outside, mid range counter, had a great jab more skills ring generalship ....endurance? We've seen Manny winded in his prime never recalled Whitaker being winded and he had a good workrate as well

he had a longer career because he started fighting at 16 and didnt start fighting top shelve guys until 7 years into his career whitaker already beat 5 world champions by his 20th pro fight...quality>quantity

Manny didnt beat 5 world champions til he 37th fight

Whitaker was a gold medallist and people already expected him to be great and he was...it took Manny 7 years for people even to notice him

THE MOST IMPORTANT: he isnt even clearly the best p4p in his own era and most have floyd rated over him so how can he be the best of the last 20 years?

Seems you have little knowledge on the subject if you think that.

And power does make you a better fighter.

Comment

I hate crybaby threads like this.

It sickens me that just because someone claims Manny is better than a retired fighter or ATG, they are not boxing fans or they are biased/new to the sport.

It's called having an opinion.....

Comment

PAC is great because he takes fight where he's bound to lose but come up onto BigTime.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Seems you have little knowledge on the subject if you think that.

And power does make you a better fighter.

so skills, defense and know how doesnt

Whitaker was a better all around fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Popovich View Post
            I hate crybaby threads like this.

It sickens me that just because someone claims Manny is better than a retired fighter or ATG, they are not boxing fans or they are biased/new to the sport.

It's called having an opinion.....
            you are right, everyone has an opinion...I have mine and I explain it...if you dont like the thread dont reply...really if 95% of people rate Whitaker higher p4p even some of the people who picked Pacquaio as being better ...how can Pacquaio be the beest fighter of the past 20 years? Just a question would like an answer...I can stand by my opinion and back it with why and how.....and you know as well as i do most people dont, I have a mind of my own, I dont base my opinion on what everyone else says like most on forums do without any though behind it

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
              PAC is great because he takes fight where he's bound to lose but come up onto BigTime.
              Pretty sure he has been the FAVORITE not the underdog in most of his fights... as of lately,he is bound to win with fighting naturally lighter opponents and previously weight drained or catchweighting for titles...

In terms of p4p, Pac couldn't hold Pernell's nuts...when did he ask for any of the stipulations that Manny had to???

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                so skills, defense and know how doesnt

Whitaker was a better all around fighter
                It does.

Whitaker was a great fighter, I just have Manny placed better.

While Whitaker honed is skills in the amateur game, Manny was thrown straight into the pro game and learned a lot of things on the way.

Which is more difficult and tough than the route Whitaker went down.

Apart from Marquez, Pacquiao has hardly lost a round for 5 years.

Comment

It does.

While Whitaker honed is skills in the amateur game, Manny was thrown straight into the pro game and learned a lot of things on the way.

You mean fight right?

Comment

It does.

Whitaker didnt lose Many rounds in his prime period..their is a difference...out his 4 loses 3 came when he was past prime...the first was a very controversial decision in Ramirez hometown...completely embarassed Ramirz in the 2nd fight

look at who and when Manny fought his opponents in the past 5 years...catchweights, after big loses even his best win Morales and Barrera are guys he beat past prime, Morales was past prime and won their first fight and couldnt beat Marquez clearly once in 3 tries and the last time he was 37

other than Chavez when both were starting to slow down...Whitaker fought Trinidad, ODLH, Azumah Nelson, Roger Mayweather, Greg Haugen, Roger Mayweather, Buddy McGirt all in their primes

Comment

Pacs a better fighter than Pernelll. Pac has requested a couple of CW, but that is only because people expect so much of him and he has had to step up weight and beat bigger challenges every fight. But a CW dont make Pac not great, Pacs challenger is a grown man and make his own decisions. A CW only lets critics make excuses, but no one takes the critics seriously so keep coming out with the CW excuses.

If he stayed in the same weight and dominated which he could easily do, but people would complain as well, Pac would soon have run out of challenges, he could have continued to beat the Morales, barreras of this world until he cashed his pension.
                      Last edited by hugh grant; 05-23-2012, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X