No announcement yet.

Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Have any of you guys seen this movie? Imo it is seriously underrated.

It has a amazing cast (Pitt, Casey Affleck, Sam Rockwell, Sam Sheppard, Jeremy Renner) and they all have one of their best performances. The visuals are ****ing beautiful, and the costumes are awesome as well.

The movie obviously has some flaws. It has about a 2:45 run time, some parts certainly drag on, and I'm sure some might find it just boring. But the story is damn good, the characters are great, and it is a completely different kind of western.

Quick summary of the plot: it is about Jesse James (Brad Pitt) and his Gang after they rob a train in Blue Cut, Missouri (actually the train robbery is the opening scene and it is excellently shot). It focuses on Robert Ford (Casey Affleck) who grew up idolizing Jesse James and dreaming of being in his gang. Then the story grows through conflict between Jesse and the rest of his gang
    as Jesse becomes increasingly paranoid and the gang members become increasingly scared that Jesse will kill them.

The ending of the movie is obviously given away in the title of the movie. Robert Ford assassinates Jesse James, but the character development between the two is fascinating and imo executed great.

Like I said before, it is long and I'm sure some people won't like it and will find it boring, but I think everyone should give it a shot. I thought it was a great movie and the most underrated one of 2000's.

Here are a couple clips I found from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJvhE60-fLI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNBfc...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEttDTdZbi4
    Last edited by Danny Gunz; 01-30-2012, 11:29 PM.

very underrated movie...great performance by Casey Affleck

you should try Gone Baby Gone, another all star cast starring Casey Affleck, Morgan Freeman, Ed Harris, Michele Monaghan

Comment

Fantastic film. Loved it.

Comment

Great film, if only Casey Affleck wasn't in it.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
          that's bollocks

Comment

i love this film. im a big fan of westerns

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
              i love this film. im a big fan of westerns
              I am too, but for some reason this movie didn't do much for me.

Comment

Definitely unfairly forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
                  I thought he made the film.

Really good movie and I didn't think it dragged in the least. I loved the way they shot it, it made you feel like you were in that time period. You could feel the hard life they lived and they didn't make it like a John Wayne western where it was all fluff and nonsense.

Pitt is a very underrated actor and Affleck was great in it. Love this flick.

Comment

Great film.

One of my favorite movies of that year (I think 2007 or 2008).

Comment

Working...
                    X