Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    No.

He doesn't have a champions mentality.

Look how loaded 118 was and all he did was fight Montiel and Narvaez.

Even before that (days at 112 and 115) there were dozens of talented fighters in or around his division and he chose to fight lesser opposition, only to turn around and claim every one was ducking him.

I really don't know what his problem is, but he is 28 or so and I have never seen a bigger waste of talent than I have when it comes to Donaire.
    How Donaire doesn't have a champions mentality. When he's already a legit 2 weight divisions champion by KO'd is opponent. Along winning the knock of the year in 2007 and 2011?

Comment

Originally posted by nutz_n_ya_face View Post
      How Donaire doesn't have a champions mentality. When he's already a legit 2 weight divisions champion by KO'd is opponent. Along winning the knock of the year in 2007 and 2011?
      Sorry I actually followed real fighters like Trinidad, Morales, Barrera etc. Guys who wanted to face the best on a consistent basis.

Outside of Darchinyan and Montiel, what other eilte fighters has he faced?

Nevermind.....no need to argue. Dude will never be p4p #1 and will forever make excuses such as; fighters ducking him, he can't get fights, I'm having issues with my promoters etc.

Watch, 2-3 years down the road he will be in the same place, career wise, as he is now.

Comment

Sorry I actually followed real fighters like Trinidad, Morales, Barrera etc. Guys who wanted to face the best on a consistent basis.

Outside of Darchinyan and Montiel, what other eilte fighters has he faced?

Nevermind.....no need to argue. Dude will never be p4p #1 and will forever make excuses such as; fighters ducking him, he can't get fights, I'm having issues with my promoters etc.

Watch, 2-3 years down the road he will be in the same place, career wise, as he is now.
        lol some serious dislike for donaire I take it.

what elite fighters were there for him to fight that he didn't? Mares???

Comment

What does Floyd and Pacquiao have to do with this topic?

And Montiel was far from the best in his division. For you or anyone else to state that says a lot about you as a poster.

Moreno would tear Montiel's @ss apart, as would Agbecko and Mares.

People forget that Montiel was getting outbox prior to landing that KO shot on Hasegawa. Other than that, what has he done to make you think he was ever the #1 bantamweight?
          Moreno fought Donaire's left over. Moreno barely won a split decision against Sydorenko. Donaire murdered Sydorenko..

Montiel easily beats Moreno, Agbeko and Mares but not now because when they eat Donaire's left hook they'll never be the same fighter. Why even bring Hasegawa? Did you see what happen to Hasegawa?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            he also has some underrated victories...he absolutely destroyed Volodymyr Sydorenko, who gave Anselmo Moreno everything he could possibly handle twice. Hernan Marquez went on to become a champ and of course had a fight of the year candidate with Concepcion.
            Yup, Hernan is a tough cookie for anyone at flyweight. I have Hernan beating Viloria.

Comment

Originally posted by nutz_n_ya_face View Post
              Moreno fought Donaire's left over. Moreno barely won a split decision against Sydorenko. Donaire murdered Sydorenko..

Montiel easily beats Moreno, Agbeko and Mares but not now because when they eat Donaire's left hook they'll never be the same fighter. Why even bring Hasegawa? Did you see what happen to Hasegawa?

really man, I done discussing this with you...especially after that bolded part.

Like I said, 2-3 year he will be in the same place career wise as he is now.

you can't be great pulling a "1 hot win, every 4 year average". Truly great fighters, the kind that become p4p #1, are at the top of the sport due to consistency....something Donaire will never have.
              Last edited by Khalid X; 01-08-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                lol some serious dislike for donaire I take it.

what elite fighters were there for him to fight that he didn't? Mares???
                ur excusing a lot if ur giving donaire a pass for the ****ty fights that he makes. mares is better than anyone hes fought in the last 2 years and so is moreno. i mean wv2?? thats a garbage fight. it reallly is. i dunno how anyone defends it esp after he took the narvaez fight. but u guys seem to think donaire is a prospect or some ****. hes never gonna be p4p 1. not with ppl like ward around.

Comment

really man, I done discussing this with you...especially after that bolded part.

Like I said, 2-3 year he will be in the same place career wise as he is now.

you can't be great pulling a "1 hot win, every 4 year average". Truly great fighters, the kind that become p4p #1, are at the top of the sport due to consistency....something Donaire will never have.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    good argument.

Comment

i mean seriously how are u in a division as stacked as 118 and the only ppl you beat of note are montiel and sidorenko? and then u move up in weight to a very weak division and your first fight, after a tune up mind u, is another tune up in wv2. who the frik has wv2 beat? and all of this from a guy who has the talent to have already been a 4 or 5 division champ by now. to say hes underachieving is putting it lightly. i honestly dont understand why ppl act like doniare is a prospect. by the age of 29 both mayweather, pacquaio and roy jones were already hofers. is donaire a hofer? is he even close?

Comment

Working...
                      X