The Office UK vs US version

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    What was your favorite episode/moment?

I haven't watched The Office in a while but I remember I was literally crying of laughter when Dwight set the office on fire on purpose. Or when he kicked Pam's bridesmaid in the face during Jim's and Pam's wedding ceremony

I guess the reason I liked the US version more was because the characters were more likeable and funny imo plus I watched the US version first.
    It's been a few years since I watched it, but had a lot of favorites.

But one of my most favorite moments though was when Michael roasted everyone in the office (S05, E15) I rewinded it like three times and I was in tears laughing my ass off.

Michael: Jim: You're 6-11 and weigh 90 pounds. Gumby has a better body than you.

Dwight, you're a kiss ass. Boom. Roasted.

Pam, you failed art school. Boom. Roasted.

Meredith, you've slept with so many guys you're starting to look like one. Boom. Roasted.

Kevin, I can't decide between a fat joke and a dumb joke. Boom. Roasted.

Creed, you're teeth called, your breath stinks. Boom. Roasted.

Angela ... where's Angela? Whoa, there you are, I didn't see you there behind that grain of rice. Boom. Roasted.

Stanley, you crush your wife during sex and your heart sucks. Boom. Roasted.

Oscar, you are... [Stanley laughs] Oscar, you're gay.

Comment

Watched the UK version after and it was funnier to me.

Comment

I liked the US version more. It had better storylines plus the characters were much more funnier, especially Michael and Dwight. What about you?
        But yo, tell us some Polish shows that you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          It's been a few years since I watched it, but had a lot of favorites.

But one of my most favorite moments though was when Michael roasted everyone in the office (S05, E15) I rewinded it like three times and I was in tears laughing my ass off.

Michael: Jim: You're 6-11 and weigh 90 pounds. Gumby has a better body than you.

Dwight, you're a kiss ass. Boom. Roasted.

Pam, you failed art school. Boom. Roasted.

Meredith, you've slept with so many guys you're starting to look like one. Boom. Roasted.

Kevin, I can't decide between a fat joke and a dumb joke. Boom. Roasted.

Creed, you're teeth called, your breath stinks. Boom. Roasted.

Angela ... where's Angela? Whoa, there you are, I didn't see you there behind that grain of rice. Boom. Roasted.

Stanley, you crush your wife during sex and your heart sucks. Boom. Roasted.

Oscar, you are... [Stanley laughs] Oscar, you're gay.
          Oh yeah that was hilarious, the Meredith part killed me

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            But yo, tell us some Polish shows that you like.
            Highly doubt anybody here ever seen any polish show so what's the point

Comment

Highly doubt anybody here ever seen any polish show so what's the point
              So we can go watch some.
              What's your favourite comedy over there?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                So we can go watch some.
                What's your favourite comedy over there?
                13 posterunek

Comment

UK version, but then again i generally prefer British comedy. Both are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                    Maybe I'll give it a shot then, I haven't binged a sitcom since, the Office U.S. lol.
                    I don't know if you would find it as funny now because you've seen the US version first and will always have references to those characters and moments..

Comment

It depends what type of comedy you like... I prefer UK comedy whereas my misses like American over-reacting comedy...
                      The main guy (the bozz) hands down is better played by the UK version but I like the characters in the US version.

Comment

Working...
                      X