Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So was the new improved Cotto just smoke a mirrors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was actually very impressed with him in the first half of the fight.

Comment

I thought Cotto did fine personally.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I was surprised to see so few "Alvarez by decision" votes in the master thread. Most of the predictions for him were by KO.
      His power was and continues to be overrated.

Comment

Guess i'm in the minority in thinking he did good in spots.

Canelo just too big. Later rounds, those shots really bothered Cotto... couldn't commit

Comment

So was the new improved Cotto just smoke a mirrors?
          Yup...and what maybe made it look somewhat convincing was the fact Sergio Martinez was completely broken down before the fight but showed up for the cheque...so Cotto kinda looked a bit like killer.

Comment

lmao, you really are getting old larry, if that's what you saw then why he couldnt KO him, I picked Canelo to win, but both of them are not effective to each other, Canelo's just bigger and stronger

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              He looked slow,weak and threw the same combo's over and over again last night. I was rooting for him and picked him to win,but honestly he looked pretty bad last night. At times Canelo was even playing with him and looked bored at times.
              I tho he fought well..it's just rare for a Jr MW to hurt a Super MW maybe Light Heavyweight..Cotto landed good punches on Canelo. .that's all Cotto didn't do is hurt Canelo..he move well uses da jab well ..da fact that Canelo didn't finish small Cotto while being at 175+ says a lot of his power..Canelo imo is another Chávez jr with better hand speed. .but as soon as he moves up he will get KO TKO by guys his size..I do give Canelo some credit. .he blocked most of Cotto body shots with his arms bc he knew that's where cotto can hurt him not to da face.

Comment

Cotto wasn't fighting a disabled handicapped fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
                  Cotto wasn't fighting a disabled handicapped fighter.
                  Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    Yup...and what maybe made it look somewhat convincing was the fact Sergio Martinez was completely broken down before the fight but showed up for the cheque...so Cotto kinda looked a bit like killer.
                    Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Guess i'm in the minority in thinking he did good in spots.

Canelo just too big. Later rounds, those shots really bothered Cotto... couldn't commit
                    Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
                    I thought Cotto did fine personally.

His power was and continues to be overrated.
                    Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    I agree it was a chess match

The first 4 rounds were very competive and cotto did great moving, jabbing, throw combos and dictating pace, but after 4 rds it became clear that Cotto couldnt hurt Canelo, and Canelo treated him like a sparring partner after that.. Canelo had no respect for cotto's punching power and basically did what he wanted down the stretch
                    Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Cotto was getting tagged with massive shots last night. I had a room full of people yelling and hooting every time Canelo rocked him. Random people were blurting out stuff like "Cotto is getting phucked up" or "Cotto looks like he was hurt" as the fight progressed. Cotto got schooled, I gave him a few rounds but no way was this a close fight.
                    gave you guys some random green. Happy Thanksgiving !

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      I agree it was a chess match

The first 4 rounds were very competive and cotto did great moving, jabbing, throw combos and dictating pace, but after 4 rds it became clear that Cotto couldnt hurt Canelo, and Canelo treated him like a sparring partner after that.. Canelo had no respect for cotto's punching power and basically did what he wanted down the stretch
                      I dont think Cotto ever dictated the pace at any time of the fight. He was extremely ineffective in avoiding the right hook the body and right uppercut. He was also getting pull countered with a right hand all night. Canelo had the better defense too and landed clean punches all night, he also took away Cotto's left hook

Comment

Working...
                      X