Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has Canelo done in 2 years that gives him any edge over GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has Canelo done in 2 years that gives him any edge over GGG?

Hearing a lot of people starting to pick Canelo to beat GGG this weekend.
    Since 5-9-15 he's fought Kirkland, Cotto, Khan,Smith,Chavez Jr.

2 of those are glass jaw guys. 1 is a nobody.. 1 is a fat slob who stinks and 1 is a faded good fighter who spent the best years of his career at 140-147.

We talk about GGG not having that big name on his record or not being ready for what Canelo brings but what has Canelo done since the Lara fight that makes anyone think he's ready for what GGG brings based on fighting this bunch of guys the last 2 years? Before he got his face smashed in by GGG I'd pick Brook over Kirkland,Khan,Cotto, and Smith at 154.

People keep saying Canelo has gotten better, that he's learned since the Mayweather fight yet all I see is him in mismatches that make him look good. Little azz Cotto hit him all night long but couldn't hurt him because the dude was huge compared to him. Liam fking smith was putting that work on the guy in the corners but again had no power to hurt Canelo.

This dudes power is overrated, he has NEVER put out a good fighter.. NEVER... He will not KO GGG, i don't think he can even hurt him. If GGG starts landing that jab early this will be an easy fight for GGG...

Lets bet accounts. Winner gets the losers password, deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Lets bet accounts. Winner gets the losers password, deal?
      What's the point of that? I like talking boxing, whether I agree or disagree with people like you, it's still fun to banter. Then I gotta get some hack azz alt account like these other ******s lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        What's the point of that? I like talking boxing, whether I agree or disagree with people like you, it's still fun to banter. Then I gotta get some hack azz alt account like these other ******s lol
        Ok that's good reasoning. There'll be enough alts floating around after the fight, no need to add to them.

Comment

He waited a guy out. Ward never did anything like that so p4p talk would be stupid if Canelo wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            He waited a guy out. Ward never did anything like that so p4p talk would be stupid if Canelo wins.
            He did somewhat but what huge fights ever get made right away when we want them? Hardly ever they do. The time is right, it's gonna be a great fight.

Comment

Hearing a lot of people starting to pick Canelo to beat GGG this weekend.
              Since 5-9-15 he's fought Kirkland, Cotto, Khan,Smith,Chavez Jr.

2 of those are glass jaw guys. 1 is a nobody.. 1 is a fat slob who stinks and 1 is a faded good fighter who spent the best years of his career at 140-147.

We talk about GGG not having that big name on his record or not being ready for what Canelo brings but what has Canelo done since the Lara fight that makes anyone think he's ready for what GGG brings based on fighting this bunch of guys the last 2 years? Before he got his face smashed in by GGG I'd pick Brook over Kirkland,Khan,Cotto, and Smith at 154.

People keep saying Canelo has gotten better, that he's learned since the Mayweather fight yet all I see is him in mismatches that make him look good. Little azz Cotto hit him all night long but couldn't hurt him because the dude was huge compared to him. Liam fking smith was putting that work on the guy in the corners but again had no power to hurt Canelo.

This dudes power is overrated, he has NEVER put out a good fighter.. NEVER... He will not KO GGG, i don't think he can even hurt him. If GGG starts landing that jab early this will be an easy fight for GGG...
              Looks like you're not going to say anything objective about his improvements or give him an ounce of credit but I'll say this instead
              In two years golovkin has declined a bit and his last two fights have been tough back to back and they were both step ups in class and he will be stepping up even more vs canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                k2 admitted there was an offer it's not canelos fault

Comment

He did somewhat but what huge fights ever get made right away when we want them? Hardly ever they do. The time is right, it's gonna be a great fight.
                  I hope so. We've all been looking forward to this for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                    k2 admitted there was an offer it's not canelos fault
                    Offer for when?

Comment

Working...
                    X