Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many boxing events did you attend last year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I caught some amateur tournaments last year but no pro fights. I'm hoping to go to NY to see Garcia-Judah (and the stacked undercard!) or Fury-Cunningham this spring. As a boxing fan I should be attending more live fight cards than I do.
    Last edited by BostonGuy; 02-27-2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I've never seen a live boxing match before, what are they like? ....... Rockin'

Comment

1 plus a couple of amateur shows to support my gym.

Went to Haye vs Chisora in the summer, was a wicked main event/atmosphere. We kind of got mugged off by the undercard though cos ol Franky Warren knew the fight would sell whatever.

Wanted to get tickets to either Burns Vasquez or Kessler Froch but am so skint at the moment i wouldnt be able to afford travel let alone tickets and other expenses.

Comment

A couple of big shows (Garcia/Morales at the Barclays and Cotto/Trout at MSG), some Broadway boxing and the NY Golden Gloves.

As a matter of fact the Godden Gloves tourney is in the Bronx today and I'm going to swing by. Larry Barnes and Junior Jones were in the last one.

This year I went to the Garcia/Salido card. It was fun while it lasted. Got Tickets for Garcia/Judah. I'm still undecided for Hopkins/Cloud.

I'm waiting for the official announcement of Matthysse/Peterson
          Last edited by TOBYLEE1; 02-27-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

I'm sad and ashamed to say but no big events. I was struggling and since I don't live anywhere big fights normally occur I couldn't see myself wasting money on the expenses and tickets. This year is different, I'm planning on kicking off with Alvarado-Rios II and then Mayweather-Guerrero if all goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              I'm sad and ashamed to say but no big events. I was struggling and since I don't live anywhere big fights normally occur I couldn't see myself wasting money on the expenses and tickets. This year is different, I'm planning on kicking off with Alvarado-Rios II and then Mayweather-Guerrero if all goes well.
              Its tuff that sometimes you spend a whole bunch of money on a ticket, air fare and hotel and the fight gets canceled. Pain in the azz espcially when it is close to the event

Comment

I went to the Alexander-Maidana card in St Louis.

Comment

went to 7 fights last year:

haye vs chisora
                  froch vs bute
                  martinez vs macklin
                  brook vs jones
                  hatton vs Senchenko
                  brook vs hatton
                  khan vs garcia

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                    Its tuff that sometimes you spend a whole bunch of money on a ticket, air fare and hotel and the fight gets canceled. Pain in the azz espcially when it is close to the event
                    Yeah that would blow, guys living in Vegas that are boxing fans are tremendously lucky.

Comment

0 last year, but I got my ticket for Garcia/Judah and I'm waiting to find out about Donaire/Rigo.

Comment

Working...
                      X