No announcement yet.

True or False? "There's nothing cool about taking punishment"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True or False? "There's nothing cool about taking punishment"

BS, it may sound harsh but of course it's cool to take damage and come back to win, what were the Rocky movies all about?? The Romans didn't come to the coliseum to watch guys dodge tigers, they came to see them get eaten. Do you think it's cool (as a spectator, not for the boxer) to take damage?
    Yes, it's a warrior sport!
    22.73%
    No, it's a sweet science!
    45.45%
    $hit, I don't want Parkinsons
    31.82%

Brain damage... is awesome.

Comment

yes its cool, we all want to end up like muhammad ali

Comment

I wouldn't want to take damage if I was a pro.

Comment

**** no it's not cool, but as a fan I wouldn't mind someone taking adversity head on.

Comment

Of course it's cool and you love watching it. It's just not a smart thing to do. I'm sure anybody would rather school somebody like Floyd and not be hurt, rather then be Gatti in a war with Mickey Ward getting hit about 1000 times.

I love watching a good technical boxing match too but as a fan you definitely love the warrior aspect where guys trade and give/receive damage. So that.

Comment

Comment

i love the gatti-ward type of fights, but if you're wanting a long successful career and a comfortable retirement that's just not the way to fight.

Comment

It actually depends on the point of view. From a boxer's point of view, they sure as hell don't want to take any punishment. But from the casual fan's point of view, they want a frickin' fist fight of epic proportions.

Comment

Taking punishment is very cool. Now, I love watching Floyd fight, but I'd take a war over a chess match any day.

Comment

Working...
                    X