Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mayweather handled his career well or not.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Floyd his career has been as successful as can be. But he could have been one of the best ever, if he fought the top guys at the right time

Imagine Cotto, Marg, Williams and Pac on his wins column. But now its too late for Cotto and Marg and i doubt he ever fights williams.

I do think that 0 is the worst thing that has happened to him because its his main focus(as well as money)

Comment

id say after the de la hoya fight, he began acting like a dick!

Comment

Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
        For Floyd his career has been as successful as can be. But he could have been one of the best ever, if he fought the top guys at the right time

Imagine Cotto, Marg, Williams and Pac on his wins column. But now its too late for Cotto and Marg and i doubt he ever fights williams.

I do think that 0 is the worst thing that has happened to him because its his main focus(as well as money)
        def should have fought margarito, cotto and williams. top it off with pacquiao, he would be that dude. but he didnt fight none of them so hes not that dude.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
          id say after the de la hoya fight, he began acting like a dick!
          UMMM yea but there were other bits of that.

But before DLH, he was a pretty humble guy who couldnt really sell PPVs

Comment

Originally posted by Ahh!!! kid View Post
            Always the victim eh Larry, nothing attributable to him eh?

I dont know if he does, i just dont think he made a good decision to put money solely before legacy at the expense of his reputation amongst majority of fans, i also dont think he realizes how much it will haunt his legacy when he has retired.

It does make sense, your just looking at it in a different light, your looking at it from the perceptive, he has made money, won titles in different weight classes= a well managed career, im looking at it from the perspective, he could of had all that and an even greater legacy.

He is an ATG, no one is disputing, they cant, but let me ask you this, why is a fighter who is perceived to have more talent rated behind Pac, Hopkins historically?
            There is a difference between "A badly managed career" and "A career that could have been even better than it is."

That isn't the debate or the premise of your thread. If your premise is "Could Floyd have been even greater if he did xyz?" Then say so and I will address it differently. His career was managed as well as any in a long time. He's reached the pinnacle of success in boxing, as high as anyone can hope to get. Could he have been rated with the greatest of all time if he took a different route with some bouts? **** YES. You will never hear me say I didn't wish he fought Cotto(ESPECIALLY Cotto in 07) Marg and Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by LARRYX P4P#1 View Post
              hes made money,won titles,been p4p since 1998,beat hof fighters and halfof his fights are title fights.....its amazing how people discredit floyd,simply amazing

at 130-he fought and beat the linear champ and top champ
              at 135 he fought the linear champ
              at 140 he fought the top fighters and gatti who was top 3
              at 147 he fought the linear champ 2 times(baldo and mosley)and top 5 fighters-judah,hatton
              at 154 he beat a top 5 fighter
              Not only that, he fought a top 5 fighter who was the 154 WBC champ AND
              took his title.

Comment

Originally posted by Chs160 View Post
                No, what he had done to his career is a shame. History will not look good upon him. He will be scoffed at when compared to the greats.

He has no one to blame but himself.
                He is a Hall of Famer.

Idiotic thread.

Comment

Dude been in the top ten p4p since 98..been fighting world class fighters since 98.most of his fights were against champs.seriously dude is an atg and there is no denying that...He fought the best at 130,135.couldnt get a fight with the best at 140, beat the lineal champ at ww twice and beat one of the best at 154.

Comment

Overall, I think he has.

He seems pretty reckless with his money though.

Comment

Bumpty bump..............

Comment

Working...
                      X