No announcement yet.

Knuckle Gaurds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knuckle Gaurds

Anyone use em for extra padding? Do they work, are they comfortable?

Originally posted by AJ_7_FAN View Post
    Anyone use em for extra padding? Do they work, are they comfortable?
    You know man I recently injured my left middle knuckle and the guards haven't necessarily made any difference. I bought a pair from ringside and title and have returned both. To be fair, I probably haven't taken the proper amount of time off to let it completely heal but I just bought a sponge and dampen it, fold it on half over the knuckles and then wrap over it and it's felt the best out of all them. Much cheaper too.

Comment

never thought of that

Comment

I had that recommended to me more times than other method of protecting them and thus far I'd have to say it's been the most effective.

Comment

I use to use a sponge as well heh, good ole tricks.

I bought a pair of gel wraps off of ringside. The red ones with the long regular hand wrap type wrap as well. I am very hapy with them. It allows me to have alot more support on my knucles, and because of the long handwrap material, I can wrap my wrist much better as well. They were fairly cheap as well, like 15$ or so.

Comment

If you injured your knuckle you need to give it proper time to heal. Knuckle guards, sponges, gauze etc will provide cushioning to help prevent an injury, but if it's already hurt you are just going to prolong the injury. No matter how much padding is over it, it won't heal if you're reapeatedly slamming your fist into hard surfaces like heads and heavybags.

Give it a week or so of rest and ice, and then start back up with the extra padding. Make sure to go slow when you start up again and give it some more time off if it's not healed fully.

Comment

try gauze

roll of gauze wrap it around till is fat...n wrap over it

if not the winning gel wraps are real good..i jus dont like that their blue..i like dta all white look ..pro type look my vain ass

Comment

Working...
              X