No announcement yet.

The more you have...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more you have...

I have more money now, and I keep looking through catalogues at clothes and jewellery and stuff. I feel bad because, I could be buying the cheaper clothes and sending the money to Africa. Im a christian and as such try to be non materialistic, and I firmly believe material possesions dont = happiness.
    "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than it is for a for a rich man to enter heaven"

Anyone else feel like this?

No money is certainly not happiness but it is one less thing to worry about if you got plenty of it...............

Comment

Matt, that's like real honorable and stuff; but it gets old. Speaking as a man in his 30's who has always had "just enough" and now lives in the world of "barely enough".........I'll take on some of that "temptation" for a change.

Give me a camel and point me to a needle, I'll take a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
        Matt, that's like real honorable and stuff; but it gets old. Speaking as a man in his 30's who has always had "just enough" and now lives in the world of "barely enough".........I'll take on some of that "temptation" for a change.

Give me a camel and point me to a needle, I'll take a shot.
        Nice post I was really poor as a child and now we are almost upper middle class. We went from living in basically a shack and eating donated groceries to not worrying so much about money. Matt if you had been poor before and went without you would being enjoying your wealth and not feeling guilty about it.

Comment

Thats cool, buddy. I wasnt really poor just didnt have much spending money, and was happw, now I do have spending money. And now I have it I find myself looking through al the catalouges. Im not poor, my family arnt exactly well off, seeing as my dads money went down.

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
            I have more money now, and I keep looking through catalogues at clothes and jewellery and stuff. I feel bad because, I could be buying the cheaper clothes and sending the money to Africa. Im a christian and as such try to be non materialistic, and I firmly believe material possesions dont = happiness.
            "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than it is for a for a rich man to enter heaven"

Anyone else feel like this?
            If u feel bad, than do somthing that makes u feel good instead of wondering if anyone feels the same.

Just worry about passing ur exams, getting a decent job, then u can earn enough money to give away or spend on watever the **** u want.
            Its good that u think of these things, and arent a wanabe ganster teen. But stop feeling guilty and realise that the more positive u are about urself, the more u can help others wen the time is right.
            Oh, and remember to have as much fun as u can while u can. Appreciate wat u have instead of feeling guilty for it.

Now **** off.

Comment

hey, if the africans would just get jobs and stop being lazy all the time they wouldnt be so poor. also, if they were whiter, it would be easier for them to get jobs.

re-elect bush

Comment

Yeh I get you bobby, really the time to be good is now though, thats why I feel bad

Comment

Strike a compromise if you must.

Spend some and donate some... I would do it on a 10% basis if I had the idea to donate money... as you may be able to tell, not #1 on my priorities at the moment. To a certain degree everyone has to help themselves. There are people out there with far more money than me who have not only caused the problem of world poverty but also perpetuated it. Namely, western governments. Perhaps they should be the ones doing the deed and giving proper attention to the problems over in Africa.

But anyway, if you wanna donate some of your money, fine! Do it on a percent basis. A percent of what you earn you give and you have done your part. Remember that if enough of you donate their dues a small fortune accumulates... and trust me there are a lot of people out there who give money to charity. Also remember that you must look after #1 first and foremost. Sounds sellfish but ask yourself the question, who has done **** for you in your life? Nobody other than your family is probably the answer... look after the immediate people around you, including yourself, before you start thinking about larger scale problems that are being worsened by the ignorance of the Dubya's of this world.

That's how I see it.

Comment

I've just spent 350 on an xbox 360, I feel no sorrow at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X