Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windmills.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
      What movement? His movement has been pretty terrible other than the stiverne fight he often looks like hes about to trip over his own feet, and is prone to being walked down.

Also not stiverne is a small guy who alot shorter than wilder and just followed him around, not going to work with AJ and bigger guys that can pressure.
      He clearly respected striverne. Everyone else he fights he doesn't box he just try's to land that one shot. Wilder has fun in the ring. Wilder can play basketball I'm sure he won't trip over his own feet....what do you think AJ will do? He's going to follow wilder around and wilder will be throwing shots straight down th pipe. Hell AJ might even gas come the later rounds. Wilder won't. Im not saying I would bet the house on DW, but I would bet a car.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        Wilder’s length and power make him a live dog in any fight he’s in regardless of his lack of refined boxing skills.
        Yea pretty much this.

I'm a fan of both guys tbh at this point, but I don't think Joshua is unbeatable or Wilder is in an unwinnable fight vs Joshua. I think these are HW's and to some degree anything can happen when two hard punchers fight. I personally favor Joshua, but Wilder takes risks & can hit & at HW that can change sh^t or end a fight on a dime.

Comment

no1 can stop windmill barrage

well despite his lack of skills, 1 of his straight hand can end the game

Comment

I want a legit technical prediction from someone explaining how exactly he has any advantage over Joshua.

Power is probably equal, AJ hits plenty hard to put wilder to sleep. Hes for sure got better boxing skills, better combos. Better jab, better head movement, he avoided alot of wlads power shots.

What advantage does wilder have, only advantage i can see him having is stamina, and who knows if he even lasts to the later rounds.

You don't believe any of that.

Wilder has better speed and stamina.

AJ gets tired...is slower...and easier to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Wilder is arguably the hardest punching heavyweight since Earnie Shavers, and Anthony Joshua has already shown that he can be hurt.

Beyond that, Wilder is becoming effectively awkward in his style; dynamite right hand, good jab and educated hook, good movement on the inside, effective inside game starting to come to form, good use of his size when dictating range. Wilder still makes the mistake of pulling straight back more often than he should, but there's enough there to make the fight deadly for both guys.

You gotta look at the package of tools to make the proper assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                Windmills.
                I agree. Windmills. Bow and arrows. Flailing. Bum rush. Wilder is a scary puncher. He can unleash the most power faster than anyone else in boxing. Is it enough? Who knows. Close fight.

Comment

Wilder has also shown he can be hurt, by molina who AJ killed in like 3 rounds. Both guys have suspect chins and huge power. Thing is AJ is actually a more polished boxer with good fundamentals which wilder severly lacks. He just hasnt faced any opponent good enough to exploit them.
                  And that is why they fight the fights.

Comment

I think AJ is overall better but Wilder is taller and clearly has the power to hurt Joshua, probably even knock him out.
                    Add to the fact that AJ can be a bit stiff at times so theres always a chance he gets caught.

That said I have AJ winning by knockout, i dont think anyone in the division can take AJs power and that includes Tyson Fury

Comment

Only thing Wilder has over Joshua is his mobility & foot speed.

He has skinny legs, unlike Joshua who has trunk like legs.

Comment

Working...
                      X