No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Stops Conor McGregor in The Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
    Brilliant, maybe on a sliding scale based on age. I don't think he looked great tonight but definitely more than good enough to beat his opponent.
    We have to consider the fact he's 40 coming off a 2 year layoff. From that standpoint he looked and performed excellent. Obviously he's not going to look as good as he did 5-8 years ago when he was still close to his prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      I wasn't a fan at first, but at a certain point people need to put the BS to one side and recognize greatness. Yeah he's not the most exciting fighter ever, but skill and IQ wise he's unmatched. There's no one more complete or smart in the ring, and it's not like he's not had fights that were entertaining and exciting. Corrales, Chavez, Castillo 1,2, Ndou, Gatti, Hatton, Mosley, Cotto, Maidana 1 etc.
      Have you seen that berto interview when he describes what it's like to fight floyd ?

I watched it the other day and I makes big time sense

Guys a freak

He's like a hawk watching every move

To be fair to connar though he didn't make a show of himself . He was slippin shots and landing the jab early . didn't expect that

Comment

• Imagine being dumb enough to pick McGregor to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Bloody-Nine View Post
          Imagine being dumb enough to pick McGregor to win.
          Agreed

Did better than I expected to be fair . Put £50 on a mayweather knock out between rounds 6-8

Cleverly was a big disappoint for me . Got completely rekt

Comment

• Both fighters looked terrible. But this is Floyd's supposed domain, and Floyd looked old. Floyd would totally outclass Connor and wouldn't even be a fight should this happen 3 years ago but he did look slower and old. Ok, he gave Connor a lot of chance and that is obvious.

Connor on the other hand was relatively...again RELATIVELY better as a first timer boxer. He hit the slower and older Floyd but showed he isn't enough to beat Floyd.

This is why this so called fight is a farce. The boxing world shouldn't even allow this fight to happen and instead should have at least the no.1 or no.2 contender or other lineal champs to compete with Floyd. This 50 is an asterisk.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabie View Post
              Both fighters looked terrible. But this is Floyd's supposed domain, and Floyd looked old. Floyd would totally outclass Connor and wouldn't even be a fight should this happen 3 years ago but he did look slower and old. Ok, he gave Connor a lot of chance and that is obvious.

Connor on the other hand was relatively...again RELATIVELY better as a first timer boxer. He hit the slower and older Floyd but showed he isn't enough to beat Floyd.

This is why this so called fight is a farce. The boxing world shouldn't even allow this fight to happen and instead should have at least the no.1 or no.2 contender or other lineal champs to compete with Floyd. This 50 is an asterisk.
              Of course Floyd looked slower and old. The man was retired for 2 years and is 40 years old. Do you not understand how old 40 years old is? McGregor was in his peak physical condition @ 29 years old, was left handed, had a big reach and weight advantage. He legitimately had 25lbs on Floyd.

Comment

• Suddenly a 147/154 40 year old Floyd was to be a combination puncher with a puncher's power.

People just keep raising his bar.

Comment

• Originally posted by NateHound View Post
                  I've been shredded on this site because I've posted that MMA fighters boxing get very underrated. McGregor just went 10 rounds with Floyd haha. Floyd only got off when McGregor had no breath left.

Half of them have great boxing, just can't use much in MMA.

McGregor, Holloway, Edgar etc. They'd all transition easy.
                  Dude got ko'd by a 40 yr old retired defensive styled fighter. So not sure what you mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    Lol for no speed he sure lit Floyd up and actually got the better of him before he gassed. I would say that was damn good for an 0-0 mma fighter coming in.

Conor proved he has world class skills, he just doesn't have a world class gas tank like people who take iv's leading up to fights.....
                    And not world class smarts either. Jr waited 4-5 rds nd then proceeded to kick jis azz and stop him. That is smarts, iq. And remember.. This is a 40 yr old coming off 2 yr retirement. And he stopped a bigger , longer and primed fighter. Good effort by conor but he loses to any primed boxer easily. And probably stopped as well

Comment

• floyd could have fought completely differently,but then ppl would have complained about the fight being boring.
                      floyd didnt respect conors power,floyd was smiling and winking at ppl in the crowd even in the first 2 rounds.
                      floyds gameplan was simply walk conor down,i dont care if a get hit,then i'll up my punch output then finish him off.
                      the way floyd fought wasnt like how he normally fights,and thats because he wanted to make the fight entertaining.
                      oh and conor had very little punch power,how he knocks guys out with punches in mma i dont know

Comment

Working...
                      X