Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duva: Mayweather-McGregor Bad For Boxing, Will Do Damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dake enu re Kathy Duva you silly old lady eheh.

Comment

Kathy needs to promote this fight. It was hilarious watching her in the press conference moaning and asking the gods of the universe why oh why has this fight not got more buzz???? Errrrrrr, that's YOUR JOB.

anyone could have promoted this better.

And then she takes all the money. That's wrong. I used to think pacman got ripped off but this is on another level.

And that's why she's not promoting cos she has already spent her money and frankly doesn't care.

On top of it all - it's fairly clear watching her in interviews that she doesn't actually seem to know the sport - well maybe she does but if so she fails at conveying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I got a massive pet peeve when people keep making this about this guy or that guy. Its not a Showtime thing, its not a PBC thing, its not a HBO thing, its not a TR thing, its not a GBP thing, its not a any one guy thing. Its that almost everyone in the sport is money grabbing, at whatever level they can money grab, & not making this about boxing.

This is nothing complicated per se, its what every other major sport does by design. Put boxing first & boxing will grow & the money comes & comes bigger than ever. Put money first or just not put boxing first all the time & boxing gets smaller & the money gets smaller.

People watch boxing cuz they love the sport & competition of boxing. That simple idea is not respected & appreciated by enough of the players in the sport with skin in the game.
        Just the fragmented nature of the sport, even fans get in on it, taking sides with this promoter or that promoter. If TR has a great event, or PBC gets good ratings, everyone wins. Makes you wish for a dominant league at times..

Comment

Dont buy the ppv!!!

Just Dont buy The PPV.
          All this type of circus will end.

Comment

Dont buy the ppv!!!

Just Dont buy The PPV.
            All this type of circus will end.

Comment

I will say this, the only good that can come from this EXHIBITION is if McGregor KOs Floydie. And with every bout of McGregor's I watch, I'm more a believer in his speed, power, awkward angles giving oldazz Floydie big problems. McGregor starching and stretching out Floydie on the canvas throws a bit of vindication for all those times Floydie juiced, ducked, waited out top competition. Granted, it will probably just be yet another boring Floydie decision win, but on the odd chance McGregor surprises Duck Bwaaaaay, it would be the biggest story in all of sports for a while. I'm not buying the PPV, but I'll watch it afterwards if the reviews say it's worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                I will say this, the only good that can come from this EXHIBITION is if McGregor KOs Floydie. And with every bout of McGregor's I watch, I'm more a believer in his speed, power, awkward angles giving oldazz Floydie big problems. McGregor starching and stretching out Floydie on the canvas throws a bit of vindication for all those times Floydie juiced, ducked, waited out top competition. Granted, it will probably just be yet another boring Floydie decision win, but on the odd chance McGregor surprises Duck Bwaaaaay, it would be the biggest story in all of sports for a while. I'm not buying the PPV, but I'll watch it afterwards if the reviews say it's worth watching.
                McGregor won't give Mayweather any problem and has about a .000001% chance of winning. It's the biggest mismatch in the history of boxing PPV, and that is saying something.

McGregor is an MMA fighter with zero professional boxing matches. He has a basic knowledge of boxing, while Mayweather has been boxing his whole life.

McGregor will be throughly dominated and probably stopped as he will be target practice. Playing it safe against experienced professionals is different than against novices. McGregor will leave so many openings that Floyd can play it safe and still stop him because it'll just be so easy for him to land, and he doesn't have to worry about a counter shot from McGregor like he would against a seasoned professional.

The fight may hurt PPV sales of GGG-Canelo with casuals as they may not want to spend more money on boxing after seeing this circus of a matchup. They may be deluded enough to think this is actually a somewhat competitive matchup, and will be thoroughly disappointed when it's a grotesque and laughable mismatch

As for long term harm, I don't think so. People have short memories when it comes to **** like this. Poor fights happen all the time
                Last edited by Thread Stealer; 06-18-2017, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                  McGregor won't give Mayweather any problem and has about a .000001% chance of winning. It's the biggest mismatch in the history of boxing PPV, and that is saying something.

McGregor is an MMA fighter with zero professional boxing matches. He has a basic knowledge of boxing, while Mayweather has been boxing his whole life.

McGregor will be throughly dominated and probably stopped as he will be target practice. Playing it safe against experienced professionals is different than against novices. McGregor will leave so many openings that Floyd can play it safe and still stop him because it'll just be so easy for him to land, and he doesn't have to worry about a counter shot from McGregor like he would against a seasoned professional.

The fight may hurt PPV sales of GGG-Canelo with casuals as they may not want to spend more money on boxing after seeing this circus of a matchup. They may be deluded enough to think this is actually a somewhat competitive matchup, and will be thoroughly disappointed when it's a grotesque and laughable mismatch

As for long term harm, I don't think so. People have short memories when it comes to **** like this. Poor fights happen all the time
                  I'm fully aware of McGregor and what he is and what he brings... just like I am with Floydie. And I'm certainly not alone in saying this could actually turn into an embarrassment for the rich ducker. BUT, my POINT is that would be poetic justice. And BTW, maybe you can't read: Granted, it will probably just be yet another boring Floydie decision win.... But the big picture is, you're giving McGregor a zero shot JUST because he isn't a boxer. And you AREN'T giving him credit for his obvious speed, power, angles. AND you don't acknowledge Floydie's old as he!! AND his hands are beat up as he!!. That's just you being pig headed and foolish. Yes, this is a circus act. NO this isn't a 100% chance Floydie wins.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    I'm fully aware of McGregor and what he is and what he brings... just like I am with Floydie. And I'm certainly not alone in saying this could actually turn into an embarrassment for the rich ducker. BUT, my POINT is that would be poetic justice. And BTW, maybe you can't read: Granted, it will probably just be yet another boring Floydie decision win.... But the big picture is, you're giving McGregor a zero shot JUST because he isn't a boxer. And you AREN'T giving him credit for his obvious speed, power, angles. AND you don't acknowledge Floydie's old as he!! AND his hands are beat up as he!!. That's just you being pig headed and foolish. Yes, this is a circus act. NO this isn't a 100% chance Floydie wins.
                    Floyd doesn't have an 100%, it's more like 99.99999%. Floyd could suffer a freak injury, so there's the minimal chance he loses. McGregor's so called impressive angles and speed and power will do nothing against an experienced world class boxer. Floyd has aged well and picked the easiest possible opponent for his 50th win. A guy who isn't even a boxer.

It will be an embarrassment to Floyd if he can't stop McGregor and it goes the distance. McGregor is used to having defense against MMA fighters, not world class boxers. He'll get hit at will.

Comment

Yup, that's my thought's as well. If Floyd doesnt look good on this fight. This won't be a good look for boxing and will throw a monkey wrench of what sport is better argument. Floyd represent elite boxing. If McGregor can stand his own for 12 rounds. Even a loss for McGregor is still a win.

Now if a hailmary shot lands flush on floyd and he gets ktfo in a surprising fashion. Boxing will automatically be damaged entity, since a supposed experienced elite boxer lost to a unexperienced boxer who never has a pro boxing fight in his life. Boxing will be the butt of all jokes in the world stage. Hope this scenario doesn't happen. Floyd is risking the fate of boxing future in his hands. Not to mention if these to counter punchers become so hesitant and too slow. That's another way to black eye our good sport, since casuals will see the so called tbe is actually not fun to watch and boring as fuvk unlike MMA. They'll assume boxing is boring what they dont know it's only Floyd that is boring lol

Thanks Floyd.
                      Last edited by Spoon23; 06-18-2017, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X