Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: Anthony Joshua vs Dominic Breazeale RBR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good win for joshua but the result was never in doubt. Good on brazil though, he is no charles martin.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Arm puncher? Wtf are you on about.

He clearly just took his time. As soon as he stepped on it, he got the guy out of there.
      He is an arm puncher though. Just look at how he throws punches - he's an arm puncher it's as simple as that. He's an incredible athlete, extremely large, and has only fought absolute bums. As a consequence he's knocked everyone out. I didn't say he's not a good fighter as he clearly is, but as a puncher he is overrated. Breazeale has one of the worst defences I've ever seen, and is arguably the slowest title challenger I've ever seen.

Comment

• Lol Haye saying that he's fighting weak opponents so people have question marks about him and if he's beating good opponents, he'll never get a fight with Joshua.

He probably has a point to be fair haha but i don't think that's the reason for his choice opposition

Comment

• 1-2 with the occasional left hook put in.
          Zero variety, doesn't mix up the speed of his shots.
          No footwork at all, terribly uncoordinated. His foot positioning is terrible

Just as basic as you can get.

His limitations are clear as daylight and its clear to me he is not this monsterous one punch knockout artist either. He pushes with his punches.

I'm not buying.
          Personally I think Haye will obliterate him.
          I think Ortiz breaks his neck. Fury boxes rings around him.
          Old Wlad K.Os his ass and Wilder probably sends him too Mars.

Put him in with a Povetkin or Stiverne, lets see how he gets on with the lower tier world level fighters. I have my doubts he'd beat either.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
            He's basically saying Joshua hits so hard that he doesn't even have to put his shoulder into the punch to knockout of opponents.
            I know what an arm puncher is,and AJ is definitely not one.

Comment

• Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
              He is an arm puncher though. Just look at how he throws punches - he's an arm puncher it's as simple as that. He's an incredible athlete, extremely large, and has only fought absolute bums. As a consequence he's knocked everyone out. I didn't say he's not a good fighter as he clearly is, but as a puncher he is overrated. Breazeale has one of the worst defences I've ever seen, and is arguably the slowest title challenger I've ever seen.
              He's definitely not an arm puncher

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Come on man. Joshua could have easily taken Breezy out in round 2. He was wobbled BAD mid-round and AJ stopped chasing him and let him recover.

That was a blatant attempt to extend the fight. Probably Eddie Hearn telling him not to spark Breazeale early.
                Yea, cute, and he could fly... if he really wanted to.
                Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                Ya I need to see him in there with a guy who has actual talent. So far he's been blasting out no hopers. I think Haye would beat him and I never would have thought that before. He's just too predictable and repetitive.
                What concerns me is that I thought his instincts were better. Previously, he measured an opponent and then quickly knew when and how to seal the deal. Here, he missed too often on a guy who had the movement of an oak. There was a sense of sloppiness and just "green-ness" about him, compared to what I thought I knew about Joshua. I still think he's very promising and can hang with the top 5, I just don't back him to beat any of them any longer.

And, yea, Haye might actually trouble him. Which also pains me to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                  He's basically saying Joshua hits so hard that he doesn't even have to put his shoulder into the punch to knockout of opponents.
                  He hasn't had to so far, because his opponents have been scrubs - each and every one of them. But here he'd have got the job done much earlier if he did. The fact is that he won't and will never do so - if you don't do it at this stage you won't ever do it. If you look at how people like Julian Jackson, David Haye, and Thomas Hearns throw punches, that's how you should throw punches. Joshua doesn't throw punches with any where near the right technique to maximize power. Deontay Wilder is undoubtedly the better puncher between the two, though I'd say Joshua is the superior athlete and is significantly more skilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    He's definitely not an arm puncher
                    Believe what you like - but I say he is. And I'd wager that I've definitely had more fights than you have in a boxing ring and know more about what an arm puncher is when I see one.

Comment

• What people are failing to see is that there's levels of being an arm puncher. Yes, AJ isn't an arm puncher in the sense that Paulie is, but he doesn't sit on his punches in the way that Hearns and Julian Jackson did either - not by a long shot. Many of his shots are arm punches, and even the ones that aren't he really doesn't get his hips and full body weight into the punch like the true power giants do. He's got you idiots fooled by knocking out 17 absolutely garbage fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X