Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Are You Guys Voting For?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ay back home people lang pala............anyway, if I'm going to vote, it would be Duterte.

Comment

I hope the Filipinos vote for Grace Poe. There may be some nagging issues about her qualification but we can't deny the fact that she is the most honest candidate for the presidency.

Comment

Originally posted by serv View Post
        I hope the Filipinos vote for Grace Poe. There may be some nagging issues about her qualification but we can't deny the fact that she is the most honest candidate for the presidency.
        Just me, but I don't think honesty is that critical a factor.
        A president has to be able to tell some lies of omission, to govern.

I think the deal breakers/makers are competence and patriotism.

RE: competence.
        Legislative experience isn't the best preparation for an administrative job,
        and in that sense, Roxas, Duterte and Binay all have a nominal edge.

Binay has experience administering a complex, high-value municipality:
        dealing with the very rich, the very poor and the very violent without
        sacrificing municipal territory or financial viability of said municipality.
        Everyone is (rightly) accusing him of being a crook, but NO ONE is
        criticizing his ability to 'run' Makati, in a way that allows residents of
        Makati to thrive.

Duterte also has experience running a large municipality of significant
        economic value. Like Binay, he has had to deal with terrorism, but for
        someone who talks so tough about how he'd deal with aggressors, his
        approach to Islamic terrorism has been appeasement: he partitioned
        off a chunk of Davao and effectively ceded it to Islamofascists. Was
        it pragmatism? How far do you run that philosophy, then? His stated
        plan for dealing with Chinese aggression in the Spratlys is to let the
        Chinese have it all. He's passionate and blunt, and in a country that
        craves for a strong leader, it sells... but being President isn't just a
        public-speaking job... and the loudest voice in a room often serves to
        hide a very small stick.

Roxas knows how Malacanang works (or, arguably, how it fails to work).
        If you want 6 more years of the same sheeit, then he's your fuccboi,
        you degenerate lot of cuckolds, lol...

Grace Poe's main appeal is that she hasn't had any dirt stick to her,
        and indeed she hasn't been around long enough for much (good or bad)
        to stick. Her most significant legislative contribution was riding along
        the FOIA train. All those televised Senate hearings don't ACTUALLY
        accomplish anything concrete for the country, do they? But wait,
        maybe she doesn't have dirty hands because she DOESN'T EVER
        'get her hands dirty', and getting your hands dirty is what fixing a
        dirty mess (what the country's REAL problems are) is all about.
        Maybe she has what it takes. There's no evidence either way, yes?

RE: Patriotism
        You tell me where these candidates stand on ^that scale.
        Only Duterte has tipped his hand: he's willing to surrender parts
        of the Philippines to foreign invaders.

tl;dr
        Binay is too much of a (very publicly perceived) crook to be acceptable.
        Duterte is really tough talk, but really no balls.
        Roxas is 6 more years of "just-getting-through-6-more-years".
        Poe is an unknown quantity.
        Last edited by horge; 03-28-2016, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Grace the most honest candidate?

Really bro?

Grace lied about many things including her residency. She deliberately omitted mentioning about her high-end properties in the States. She cannot even fill out a simple form like a certificate of candidacy accurately.

Furthermore, she has the bad habit of brushing off questions about her residency and citizenship status as if this constitutional requirement is not that important.

Let us for a moment put her residency and citizenship issues aside and discuss her being a foundling. Has it ever occurred to you why she can’t even be honest with who her real parents are? Do you think she doesn’t know? Foundling, my foot.

Is that what you call honest big bro?

Comment

All the presidential candidates have been lying through their teeth, but Grace is the most honest among them. I am sure you know that.

Comment

Honest is that lying about her citizenship issues.
              Honest is allowing the legacy of her father forced upon the boobtube every night at ABS-CBN and TV5.
              (Subliminal advertising, Ang Probinsyano, FPJ classic films and Panday)
              Honest is that the most experience she has is that of a television censor and an overrated senator.

Yay we have a qualified nuisance and the First American president of the RP... .

Puñeta.
              Last edited by LeeVanCleef; 04-02-2016, 10:29 PM.

Comment

It does no good to point out particular flaws, when all candidates are
                so thoroughly full of flaws. There are only horrible choices before the
                voters, and maybe the real trick isn't about looking out for a good
                candidate, but simply choosing the least horrible one.

My real beef with Poe, again, isn't about honesty. It's that out of ALL
                the candidates, she has the least administrative experience. It's not
                a small matter: an 'honest' taxi driver who doesn't know how to drive
                will get your ass killed.

Shit, even 'Brenda' Santiago at least put in some time taking bribes
                from triads as chief of the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation, so
                many, many years ago. Now she's a whore for China: look at what
                happened to filing our baselines before UNCLOS.

Comment

**** even Grace Poe had the audacity to call on her father's legacy to lay down on the foundation by which fiction becomes, surprise, fiction.

God forbid if she wins, it's another 6 years of lackadaisical performance.

Another issue I take against the electorate is that when they vote for the least evil candidate, they are expecting miracles to happen. And whine when it doesn't happen. Or when Erap give her his endorsement.

Or worse, the same whiny ass electorate didn't put in their votes by making lame-ass excuses such as the system is corrupt whine whine whine...

Fcked up, I tells ya.

Comment

To be honest the world seriously needs a ****ing reset. we got the wars created by the US, the drugs, the ****ing religion shyt, the corrupts and all the ****ing dudes turning into pvssies now a days. smdh!

Comment

miriam gusto ko kung mkakaboto.
                      2nd choice is poe.

ayoko kay duterte.
                      dumaan na tayo sa mga ganyang katapangan in erap, lim, fvr.

yung mga ginawa nyang katapangan sa davao nagagawa nya kasi wala naman pakialam masyado ang media dun. subukan nyang gawin sa national level yun under media spotlight at siguradong under scrutiny kagad sya ng CHR.

Comment

Working...
                      X