Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What division would Andre Ward have fought in when 168 didn't exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ellerbe Exposed View Post
    Not true. Golovkin could make 160 same day. He only drops a few pounds to make mw. Check his 30 day, 1 week etc weights. He's a small dude.
    Ward makes 168 easy today, without ever really having to boil down to make weight.

Why would Andre Ward fight at 175 when, using that same 30-day, 1-week logic, he'd be comfortably below that point before even beginning to really start cutting weight?

He'd have to throw on the plastics for the first time since he was probably an amateur, and it wouldn't be the most comfortable experience in the world, but if given only the two options, he'd boil down to 160.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      This is the real issue. Posters can't admit certain fighters are just far better than guys they like. Instead, they will go through a list of plausible theories for losing a fight and act like they apply even when they do not.
      That's not what we were talking about. I think any fan with brain will admit that Ward was the better man in that fight. But headbutts and excessive clinching happened.

Let's say Golovkin - Ward has the same scenario as Kessler - Ward but with an honest ref who will deduct a point from Ward for his illegal tactics. Maybe Ward will open himself up more and Golovkin with his fight changing power will knock him out?

We just want a clean fight with an honest referee, Jesus F Christ, is this really too much to ask?

Anyway, the final result was 19. Sorry for misleading you guys. I don't know wtf the guy from that video was watching.
      Last edited by Szef; 07-13-2015, 12:37 PM.

Comment

three pages in, I've realized that I made a mistake posting here

This is simply a thread from a straight up Golovkin defender/goo-gobbler.

waste of time

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Ward makes 168 easy today, without ever really having to boil down to make weight.
          That's why he demanded a 172 pound catch weight against Smith?

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            He weighs 170 fight night.
            Ward weighs 190 fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
              That's not what we were talking about. I think any fan with brain will admit that Ward was the better man in that fight. But headbutts and excessive clinching happened.

Let's say Golovkin - Ward has the same scenario as Kessler - Ward but with an honest ref who will deduct a point from Ward for his illegal tactics. Maybe Ward will open himself up more and Golovkin with his fight changing power will knock him out?

We just want a clean fight with an honest referee, Jesus F Christ, is this really too much to ask?

Anyway, the final result was 19. Sorry for misleading you guys. I don't know wtf the guy from that video was watching.
              Szef, you may not be doing that to the degree Tunney and Weebler I are, but you are doing it nonetheless. Most of the head clashes were within the flow of the fight and couldn't have been avoided. They were not intentional or on purpose.

Everyone wants a clean ref. But the trend on NSB is to complain about the ref, no matter how well he did his job, because that is more acceptable than admitting a boxer you like isn't as good as you think.

Fact is some of the favorites of NSB just are not as good as some of the non favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by cReal Killer View Post
                Ward weighs 190 fight night.
                You have anything to support this? I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Why did he demand the 172 pound catch weight for the fight with a soft opponent like Smith, who was coming off two losses?

Comment

The coward Ward is scared to death of Kovalev and Golovkin

Comment

Working...
                    X