No announcement yet.

Lesbian Latina Makes History In Texas By Winning Democratic Nod For Governor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    I think her being a Cop shed shy away from the 2nd amendment.
    What do you mean?

I will say this, Houston's police chief, Art Acevedo (who was previously Austin's police chief) came out this week in favor of gun bans.

Some LE people are for the 2nd Amendment, some want to gut it.

I'm not sure where this one stands, but as a D player, I'd wager she's one of the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
      That would be something else if she won, which seems unlikely.

It would be so cool to see big money like that trumped by public opinion.
      It was cool watching Trump win after that communist dyke outspent him 2 to 1.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
        In a super red state?
        Lunacy

U need someone that will be in the middle to take some votes from the right

Screaming ban guns in texas will make u look stupid
        Texas isn't a super red state anymore. Flooding the state with non-whites will do that. Trump only did slightly better in Texas than Ohio last election.

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/

Comment

Originally posted by Xoo View Post
          Texas isn't a super red state anymore. Flooding the state with non-whites will do that. Trump only did slightly better in Texas than Ohio last election.

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/
          Austin has many liberal weirdos that are white. i suspect many of them are also transplants from other liberal states. it's indistinguishable from a typical city in California now.

Comment

SXSW attracts a lot of smelly liberals to Austin. some of them stay because Texas is cleaner and it's ironic and like totally indie brah to be a smelly liberal in cowboy country. you see this in other places like NY where trust fund hipsters are moving into the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
              it's indistinguishable from a typical city in California now.
              This is true, and i lived there until a few years ago.

Bums everywhere, plastic bag bans, banning Uber and Lyft, astronomical housing costs, regulations on just about everything, massive taxes, and on and on.

I was calling it San Fran 2.0 for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                What do you mean?

I will say this, Houston's police chief, Art Acevedo (who was previously Austin's police chief) came out this week in favor of gun bans.

Some LE people are for the 2nd Amendment, some want to gut it.

I'm not sure where this one stands, but as a D player, I'd wager she's one of the latter.
                Really wow! That's surprising. Most cops I know are all for guns. I know a lot that are not in favor of people being able to carry though as they feel people are not well trained.

Did this Sheriff want a complete gun ban?

Comment

Did this Sheriff want a complete gun ban?
                  Technically he's a police chief (the top LE guy in a city). Sheriffs are the top LE in a County.

He's not for a complete gun ban, or at least he's not said he is.
                  However, he's been to at least one rally where it was called for:
                  https://freedomoutpost.com/democrat-...an-legitimate/

Then his latest comments after the Sante Fe shooting show he's for new gun bans:
                  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/transcr...n-may-20-2018/

Comment

Really wow! That's surprising. Most cops I know are all for guns. I know a lot that are not in favor of people being able to carry though as they feel people are not well trained.
                    True.

I've noticed this thinking is quite common among LE people.

Comment

Abbot is gonna wreck her bigly. Cruz will wreck Robert Francis O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
                      X