No announcement yet.

No taxes on overtime pay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] No taxes on overtime pay

Politicians are always promising tax cuts for the wealthy. But never help the regular guy.
    As I’ve experienced for myself doing a ton of overtime the last two years. The result is I’ve managed to pay an extra fifteen thousand in taxes the last two tax years.
    It doesn’t seem right that Americans are asked to work extra only for the government to take a larger percentage.
    It is like punishing workers for being more productive.

Why not get rid of taxes on pay for all hours over 40 in a work week?
    I think this would be like a bomb in the economy. Causing people to go work like crazy and spend more. Leading to a stimulant for the economy.
    What do you guys think?

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    Politicians are always promising tax cuts for the wealthy. But never help the regular guy.
    As I’ve experienced for myself doing a ton of overtime the last two years. The result is I’ve managed to pay an extra fifteen thousand in taxes the last two tax years.
    It doesn’t seem right that Americans are asked to work extra only for the government to take a larger percentage.
    It is like punishing workers for being more productive.

Why not get rid of taxes on pay for all hours over 40 in a work week?
    I think this would be like a bomb in the economy. Causing people to go work like crazy and spend more. Leading to a stimulant for the economy.
    What do you guys think?
    I like the idea.

Comment

i think this is a good idea.

Comment

That's a badass idea. A surefire way to specifically help the middle and lower middle class.

Obviously rich people would oppose it and they control politicians, so it will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
          That's a badass idea. A surefire way to specifically help the middle and lower middle class.

Obviously rich people would oppose it and they control politicians, so it will never happen.
          Why would the rich oppose it? You think the lawyer, dr or investment banker only work 40 hours? They'd make a killing with the all overtime they put in above a 40 hour week.

I'd definitely be interested to see how it would work out, could certainly help the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleJ View Post
            Why would the rich oppose it? You think the lawyer, dr or investment banker only work 40 hours? They'd make a killing with the all overtime they put in above a 40 hour week.

I'd definitely be interested to see how it would work out, could certainly help the economy.
            He applies Team D talking points to everything.

It's what he does.

As to the topic, I'm all for it. I'm against income taxes altogether, and cutting income taxes on overtime pay would be a good start.

Comment

I don't think it'll matter. The robots are coming for our jobs & thats going to equal less & less hours as we move into the future. So it might be nice for a few years if you don't gotta pay tax on OT, but ultimately if you are getting 35 hours a week in a lot of careers it won't matter in the long game. But yea sure why not for the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleJ View Post

Oh I assume all of those people are salaried and don't get a time and a half overtime rate for hours over 40.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  He applies Team D talking points to everything.

It's what he does.

As to the topic, I'm all for it. I'm against income taxes altogether, and cutting income taxes on overtime pay would be a good start.
                  Lol how does my dick taste? You ever going to stop butting into my conversations, clown?

Comment

This is The logical position on taxes unfortunately Republican cucks keep voting for and supporting taxes for the rich instead.

Our govt just gave over a TRILLION dollars in tax breaks mostly to the rich, and working class Republican voters celebrate while getting **** on.

Comment

Working...
                    X