Collapse
No announcement yet.

So.. Povetkin was gonna get JOBBED on the scorecards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you, the plural "you" sometimes said "youse" in certain parts of Brooklyn before the hipsters...think giving Joshua every round would have shocked Povatkin's corner? Do you think short of knocking AJ down Povatkin would possibly get a decision as corrupt as boxing is?

Povatkin seems to like Joshua. I think he went in knowing that he was not going to get a decision no matter what he did. Seems to me Povatkin accepted this, for better or for worse...

I actually think the boxing gods threw Povatkin a curve ball. He had Joshia looking cold and could have went for it instead of taking his foot off the gas, which is what he did. If he really intended on winning that fight then when he had Joshua confused he would have thrown everything he had... Instead he boxed rounds knowing that he would not win these rounds according to the judges, no matter what he did.

Im not capping on Joshua either, just saying. Povatkin looked happy and all to willing to get starched at an appropriate moment.

Comment

So you were done with Boxing then you went and watched a PPV a week later?

Why even say it? For attention?

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Do you, the plural "you" sometimes said "youse" in certain parts of Brooklyn before the hipsters...think giving Joshua every round would have shocked Povatkin's corner? Do you think short of knocking AJ down Povatkin would possibly get a decision as corrupt as boxing is?

Povatkin seems to like Joshua. I think he went in knowing that he was not going to get a decision no matter what he did. Seems to me Povatkin accepted this, for better or for worse...

I actually think the boxing gods threw Povatkin a curve ball. He had Joshia looking cold and could have went for it instead of taking his foot off the gas, which is what he did. If he really intended on winning that fight then when he had Joshua confused he would have thrown everything he had... Instead he boxed rounds knowing that he would not win these rounds according to the judges, no matter what he did.

Im not capping on Joshua either, just saying. Povatkin looked happy and all to willing to get starched at an appropriate moment.
        Pressing Joshua would only force more aggression from Joshua..

Watching the fight several times I had Povetkin missing more and more and Joshua in complete control of the fight where he dicated the pace even in a close fight( I had it even bf rnd 7...

the thing is the thread has a major hole in it...

Povetkin would have lost a 7/10 round in round 7 and Joshua was starting to apply more pressure as he didn't really give up center ring much beyond stepping back when povetkin threw flurries beyond two that connected solidly the entire time.

I don't believe Povetkin was in any position to charge Joshua beyond round 3 when Joshua dropped his left which showed he had gaged Povetkins distance inviting him to throw more shots...

ultimately Joshua was going to land that right hand it stunned him but the left hook is what did Povetkin in which he wasn't going to recover from...no way, he went down again after that ,I didn't see this fight lasting beyond 7 and I actually picked that round.

Looking happy? Therse guys when they realize how good Joshua is..is usually the response. a defeated fighter knows when he has just fought a superior one.
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-25-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

It would have been yet another robbery defended once again by those claiming "there were some close rounds".

A robbery is when the wrong guy wins and the cards reflect an obvious bias that is usually predictable. It hasn't got to be an overwhelmingly bad decision like Chavez/Whitaker or Williams/Lara, it just has to be bad enough to rob a fighter of a deserved win.

Comment

Same thing happens with Canelo and Wilder. And it used to happen with Mayweather.

Teddy Atlas has a point when he says to follow the money...

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
              I didnt know a world title fight lasted only 7 rounds ? Here is me thinking there was 50% of the fight still remaining lol
              This forum is attracting some of the dumbest f@ckers now.
              OMG right on point! Someone gets it.

Comment

Originally Posted by The plunger man View Post
                I didnt know a world title fight lasted only 7 rounds ? Here is me thinking there was 50% of the fight still remaining lol
                This forum is attracting some of the dumbest f@ckers now.
                Originally posted by man down View Post
                OMG right on point! Someone gets it.
                No, apparently at least 2 do not get it

Comment

Aj took over in the 3rd round he was up 4-2 povetkin couldn’t land anything how y’all gave him anything other than the first two rounds is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    if AJ didn’t have that power he would of lost smh
                    You could probably say the same thing about wilder in most of his fights.

Comment

A.J came on in the 3rd and the tides turned....

Comment

Working...
                      X