Collapse
No announcement yet.

Povetkin is better than Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean no disrespect mate but we are talking about the present. Right now Ortiz kicks the living dog shit out of Povetkin. Ortiz is bigger, stronger, has more punching power, a much better chin, defense, balance and reflexes.

If the fight happens today the fight won't goes past three rounds. Ortiz would drop and stop him rather early. As a matter of fact, he fucks both Povetkin and Joshua up for that matter and that's a fact. Just ask Eddie Hearn.

Comment

I agree he is more accomplished, but I don't think he's the better fighter. I also don't think either AJ's or Wilder's win is better than the other. They both beat near 40 year old drug cheats

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        I agree he is more accomplished, but I don't think he's the better fighter. I also don't think either AJ's or Wilder's win is better than the other. They both beat near 40 year old drug cheats
        I'm not so sure. Wilder was outfought the entire fight, down on the cards and nearly out on his feet.

AJ had a scare in one of the rounds, but otherwise cruised to a dramatic KO.

With regards to skill, Povetkin seems like the harder puncher, quicker fighter with better movement. Ortiz has a better jab and defense.

For my money. However, Povetkin's skills have been proven on a higher level than Ortiz's have.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          I mean no disrespect mate but we are talking about the present. Right now Ortiz kicks the living dog shit out of Povetkin. Ortiz is bigger, stronger, has more punching power, a much better chin, defense, balance and reflexes.

If the fight happens today the fight won't goes past three rounds. Ortiz would drop and stop him rather early. As a matter of fact, he fucks both Povetkin and Joshua up for that matter and that's a fact. Just ask Eddie Hearn.
          Based on what though? fantasy?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Just want to clarify one thing for all Wilder fangirls.

Povetkin is better than Ortiz. He was a better amateur, he was a better pro.

His resume craps ALL OVER Ortiz's average resume, as does his skills.

It's so cringe to see Wilder's fans try to keep pushing a 45 year old man to the high heavens when he hasn't done anything in the game.

Also, Joshua beat Povetkin better than Wilder beat Ortiz.

Good post and I totally agree. Luis Ortiz, even at this point, is still a relative unknown quantity. He has achieved very little in his career other than garner a questionable "boogeyman" moniker. His best win is over Bryant Jennings, a man who is of little significance in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Based on what though? fantasy?
              We will never know until these guys step up to the challenge and stop ducking Luis Ortiz; Like the Dillian Whyte's, the Jarrell Miller's and the Anthony Joshua's of the world. In addition, as far as Alexander Povetkin is concerned; He is done friend. You can stick a fork in him. His career is over. He is not the same fighter without the juice.

Also, you can't be serious about matchmaking Sasha with Luis Ortiz. Are you really serious? Povetkin doesn't stand a chance against him. Ortiz is not as easy to hit as Anthony Joshua. He has an airtight defense where he keeps his chin tucked in at all times.

Comment

We will never know until these guys step up to the challenge and stop ducking Luis Ortiz; Like the Dillian Whyte's, the Jarrell Miller's and the Anthony Joshua's of the world. In addition, as far as Alexander Povetkin is concerned; He is done friend. You can stick a fork in him. His career is over. He is not the same fighter without the juice.

Also, you can't be serious about matchmaking Sasha with Luis Ortiz. Are you really serious? Povetkin doesn't stand a chance against him. Ortiz is not as easy to hit as Anthony Joshua. He has an airtight defense where he keeps his chin tucked in at all times.
                You can't be serious about Povetkin not standing a chance, did you watch Ortiz vs Dave Allen he was missing punches all day and even got rocked.

Comment

hes cuban doe! so that adds 10 points to his skill level automatically!

its like a buzzword for hipsters, its like being a southpaw. i remember some boxing youtuber say Charles Martin would beat AJ because ' hes a 6'5 southpaw'

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                    You can't be serious about Povetkin not standing a chance, did you watch Ortiz vs Dave Allen he was missing punches all day and even got rocked.
                    That was then and this is now. If the fight were to happen today he knocks Alexander Povetkin spark out and that's a fact. Povetkin has seem to age overnight while Ortiz has not just based off their last two performances.

Comment

if Lord Windmill can hit Ortiz's chin, so can Povetkin

Comment

Working...
                      X