Alexander Povetkin vs Oleksandr Usyk @Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Povetkin would beat this dude easily
    I don't see how Povetkin could handle that movement. The more Usyk learns and begins to believe he belongs on the world stage those hammer blow lefts are only going to be stronger and more powerful. Saturday night was not only his first 12 rounds but a world class opponent too, if they rematched in a few months he would stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      Povetkin at his best wins it, but it wouldn't be easy. He is getting older now and I think at this point Usyk would tire him out.
      What is Povetkin's best ? The way I see it he peaked late and is already slowing down. He doesn't appear to have found conditioning until he had a wealthy promoter to get his fat ass out of bed in a morning. The Huck fight he was grossly out of shape in no hurry to face Klitschko, when he did face Klitschko he was as much to blame with his bull rushing, leading with his head charging the distance between himself and the champ.

I'm intrigued to know his prime ? He has wins over Wach, Charr and Takam who are all slow as shyt, Usyk would dance circles around this muffin.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
        What is Povetkin's best ? The way I see it he peaked late and is already slowing down. He doesn't appear to have found conditioning until he had a wealthy promoter to get his fat ass out of bed in a morning. The Huck fight he was grossly out of shape in no hurry to face Klitschko, when he did face Klitschko he was as much to blame with his bull rushing, leading with his head charging the distance between himself and the champ.

I'm intrigued to know his prime ? He has wins over Wach, Charr and Takam who are all slow as shyt, Usyk would dance circles around this muffin.
        Solid post.

If he couldn't put away Huck, can you imagine be trouble Usyk will give

Comment

I actually thought Huck deserved the decision against Povetkin so Usyk winning is not unconceivable. But I still want to go with the bigger guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmitry View Post
            I actually thought Huck deserved the decision against Povetkin so Usyk winning is not unconceivable. But I still want to go with the bigger guy.
            The bigger guy being Usyk or the heavier guy Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by King Krusher View Post
              Solid post.

If he couldn't put away Huck, can you imagine be trouble Usyk will give
              I think we should give credit to Povetkin's durability and that we don't even know Usyk's yet. That push sure looked like a punch in the chest Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                Do not underestimate Povetkins power and Hucks chin.. Both are pretty good.. A prime Huck would have KOed Glowacki.. Huck though still good is over the hill..
                Povetkin is a small HW and knows how to cut off the ring and digs deep in all of his fights.. A young strong puncher like Parker couldn't KO Takam but Povetkin did it..
                “I must have done 50 rounds while in camp with Povetkin and it was three and half weeks before he hit me with something that made me hold on. With Golovkin I was ready to get out of the ring 45 seconds into our first round of sparring. He hit me with two lefts to the body in the identical spot and had me doubled over. I got through it but it’s hard to defend against 6-inch punches with that much pop. He backs me into a corner with just a jab."

Comment

Potvetkin would break him down. If Beterbiev could chase him down hurt him and drop him with pillows on....

Though I felt Potvetkin lost to Huckic

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    “I must have done 50 rounds while in camp with Povetkin and it was three and half weeks before he hit me with something that made me hold on. With Golovkin I was ready to get out of the ring 45 seconds into our first round of sparring. He hit me with two lefts to the body in the identical spot and had me doubled over. I got through it but it’s hard to defend against 6-inch punches with that much pop. He backs me into a corner with just a jab."
                    Who said this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post

Same biological prime as anyone else. Most boxers especially those with decorated amateur careers have their biggest wins towards the end of their career when they're slowing down. Doesn't mean they wouldn't get beat up by their 30 y/o selves.

Comment

Working...
                      X