Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has boxing lost some popularity do to many sanctioning bodies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
    I don't think you can think otherwise.

First thing I hear non-fans gripe about is "what's with all of those titles?"....

As a serious fan of the sport I believe over the years the #1 problem has been big fights not being made or some of what does get made being duds or controversial.
    Bam, right there that's the other reason. Lack of any decent super fights. It used to be the best fought each other all the time and people turned out to see them live, hear them on the radio and on TV or movie theaters. A fight like Mayweather-Pacquiao was pretty commonly made years ago, even though there were still some big fights not made. Now the best don't often want to fight each other and the public doesn't really care overall anyway.

And if any fan asks about all the belts, just direct them to the guy with the most belts or the one with the Ring belt or the highest ranked boxer and just tell them right there, he's the best.

What was the last big fight everyone was talking about anyway, even non boxing fans? I'm thinking it had to be either Tyson-Holyfield or Hopkins-Trinidad, but there were probably some Mayweather and Pacquiao fights a lot of people talked and cared about since then too, since they get so many PPV buys. Maybe Mayweather-De La Hoya and Pacquiao-Marquez fights?

Comment

Working...
    X