Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fu#k it. I’m gonna quit my job job and become a roofer. Any tips?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b morph View Post
    You got some phat booty bit#hes in your sig bro. I have a chub going right now.
    You know what would trigger MCC? That I've banged more black phat booty bit#hes than he has... Poor little guy.

Comment

Learn all you can about the trade, and then start your own company and become your own boss.

Oh yeah, and don't fall off.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        What a coincidence, yo mama subs to both
        Shut your mouth you rape baby, you don't have an actual name, that's how insignificant you are, because rape babies don't get names.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
          Well hell we can trade jobs any day of the week if you want, I'm working at a crusty ass warehouse compacting cardboard and foam pads all day haulding around greasy forklifts and electric pallet jacks, your job sounds peachy bruh.
          Trust me. If you worked where I work, you would understand. I’m young, but I’ve worked several jobs now. I’ve never seen such low morale in a work place. It’s unbelievable. We have a new supervisor who sucks. Doesn’t do anything. I told one of the women at work that she’s working with him tomorrow for a few hours. She literally started crying because she knew she would have no support from him. Crying.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            What's the pay like?
            I usually pay about 180-220 a day per worker.

But unless it's a pretty complicated roof which I don't mess with, they have to get the job done in a day or at least 85% of it. It's a lot of work.

Roofing is easy to learn mostly especially for a basic roof, but there isn't a ton of money in it for a company unless they have a real good crew and lots of work lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              Shut your mouth you rape baby, you don't have an actual name, that's how insignificant you are, because rape babies don't get names.
              Last edited by Szef; 12-05-2018, 11:50 PM.

Comment

I usually pay about 180-220 a day per worker.

But unless it's a pretty complicated roof which I don't mess with, they have to get the job done in a day or at least 85% of it. It's a lot of work.

Roofing is easy to learn mostly especially for a basic roof, but there isn't a ton of money in it for a company unless they have a real good crew and lots of work lined up.

The pay isn't bad then. If I was younger I'd probably consider it, but my backbreaking labor days are over now.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  The pay isn't bad then. If I was younger I'd probably consider it, but my backbreaking labor days are over now.
                  I still work hard but my roofing days are done which is why I sub it out.

Walking on a slant all day tears your feet and ankles up.

Still, if you haven't learned any other skills, roofing will get you paid, and you'll always have work if you need it.

Comment

I still work hard but my roofing days are done which is why I sub it out.

Walking on a slant all day tears your feet and ankles up.

Still, if you haven't learned any other skills, roofing will get you paid, and you'll always have work if you need it.
                    Would you say that maintaining an overall healthy lifestyle outside of work would mitigate the problems a lot of roofers have, such as overall aches and pains, trouble with the physicality nature of the job?

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                      Would you say that maintaining an overall healthy lifestyle outside of work would mitigate the problems a lot of roofers have, such as overall aches and pains, trouble with the physicality nature of the job?
                      It def helps, if your young and in shape and not a fat fck your body will adjust just fine, it will take a bit of time, but you'll be fine.

Walking on a slant, carrying 70 lb bundles of shingles up a ladder isn't exactly normal everyday movements though, so your body will have to adjust to it.

The first few weeks will be rough though for sure because your gonna have to push through that ****.

You don't have to do it your whole life, but if you want to get out of crappy office life and get moving and make some $, roofing isn't bad as long as you have work ethic.

Comment

Working...
                      X