Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder-Fury U.S. PPV price set at $75

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very high and you pricing out casuals. but I understand why they doing it. If you don't think it's going to sell alot and only appeals to hard core boxing fans might as well make the price as high as you can and maximize off those hard core boxing fans. What I mean is they don't feel like if we just lower the price to $50 bucks that it will drastically impact the PPV buys and attract casual sports fans to buy. So might as well keep it at $75 milk the die hards who are going to buy it anyway. I think we talking 200K buys or lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowballer View Post

Hardcore fans
      Neither guy is a household name and 75 bucks is a lot to tell a newbie sports fans hey drop down all that money for guys you don't know and for a shytty undercard and it's in the month of christmas where money is tight.

Comment

Lol that's the equivalent of what you pay for 5 months of both DAZN and Espn+.

PBC and Showtime need to come to the realization that most people will no pay for a PPV fight( unless it's Spence/Crawford or Wilder/Joshua). Anything else, they'll find a stream online or wait till it's uploaded.
        Last edited by No-mas-tias; 11-20-2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I think this Wilder-Fury PPV is a test run for the future PBC PPV product.

If the $65-$75 price tag does well, then they'll keep it. If not they'll probably lower to $55-$65.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Neither guy is a household name and 75 bucks is a lot to tell a newbie sports fans hey drop down all that money for guys you don't know and for a shytty undercard and it's in the month of christmas where money is tight.
            Mexicans won't be paying for this.

Mexicans will be like: Canelo por diez dolares en Dason!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Way too much IMO. What do you think?
              If it was a reasonable price, like 15 dollars or something, I guarentee you 5 times as many people would buy it, and wilder could say he's a draw.

Most casual american fight fans have no idea who wilder or fury are.

If this fight broke 100k I would be surprised. I'd say it would sell 80k , maybe less.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                Lol that's the equivalent of what you pay for 5 months of both DAZN and Espn+.

PBC and Showtime need to come to the realization that most people will no pay for a PPV fight( unless it's Spence/Crawford or Wilder/Joshua). Anything else, they'll find a stream online or wait till it's uploaded.
                How will they come to that realization if they haven't done a ppv yet? What would they base that conclusion on just your words

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                  If it was a reasonable price, like 15 dollars or something, I guarentee you 5 times as many people would buy it, and wilder could say he's a draw.

Most casual american fight fans have no idea who wilder or fury are.

If this fight broke 100k I would be surprised. I'd say it would sell 80k , maybe less.
                  $15 ppv sounds like the thing shouldn't even be on PPV put that **** card on free tv

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    $15 ppv sounds like the thing shouldn't even be on PPV put that **** card on free tv
                    You would just need a little bit of promotion to get the people hyped. The Last american champion vs the guy who beat the guy and the possible best boxer in the world.

And then at the end be like.. oh and it's 15 dollars if you want to watch it. Even casual fight fans would be intrigued enough to tune in.

But if you tell them it's 75 dollars.. lol, even wilder and fury fans would just stream or wait the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                      You would just need a little bit of promotion to get the people hyped. The Last american champion vs the guy who beat the guy and the possible best boxer in the world.

And then at the end be like.. oh and it's 15 dollars if you want to watch it. Even casual fight fans would be intrigued enough to tune in.

But if you tell them it's 75 dollars.. lol, even wilder and fury fans would just stream or wait the next week.
                      If you make something cheap it will just look cheap and people won't buy it throw fight parties bars won charge cover on $15 ppv lol

$50 was the perfect price point but Floyd ****ed it up $70 is the industry standard now if you want to see it for $15 go to movie theater

Comment

Working...
                      X