Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Title Defenses will Andy Ruiz have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    Joshua’s jab was trash and was keeping his hand down the whole time like’s he’s got Canelo reflexes or something. Ruiz has great speed but a stiff jab from a much larger man should be minimizing his opportunities to even use it. Fury will pot shot him all day and clinch as soon as hes remotely close.

Wilder you never know with that guy. He has a decent jab and you get past it at your own peril.

He’s not going to be an easy out, I agree, but I wouldnt be betting on him either. Id love to be proven wrong though.

He just might be so different than the current top guys that they find his particular skillset and fast hands to be hard to deal with from his height and weight and maybe many of us dont have the foresight to see it giving positive results as we’re used to these giants. Look forward to seeing him try.

You are forgetting that Andy has too much speed compared with Joshua in each movement.

Thats the reason why Joshua was confused, he was nervous because Ruiz was timing his movements with violent and powerful shots.

It's not easy, Andy is fast and he knows how to fight tall fighters. Look the fight against Parker.

Comment

It's very difficult to measure Ruiz' potential. Up to the AJ fight I'd say his only real test was Parker, which was a fight that could have gone either way. The HW division sucks now, so anything is possible for a guy like Ruiz. He will either find a way to keep on winning, or become the next Arreola. I suspect Wilder and Fury would beat him, and Joshua should win a rematch, but who knows what's going on with him? I think Joshua's loss was a combination of poor stamina and not being in it mentally. We'll see how he recovers from this loss.

Comment

LOL at anyone who voted “5+”

Does anyone really think that Ruiz will defend his title 5 or more times?

The Joshua fight was a fluke.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          LOL at anyone who voted “5+”

Does anyone really think that Ruiz will defend his title 5 or more times?

The Joshua fight was a fluke.
          One of the votes was from the homie Mexican_Puppet, who is probably contemplating making a thread where he ranks Ruiz ahead of Wlad, Joe Louis and Holmes among greatest HWT champs. lol.

Comment

One face. One name. TIL THIS DAY!!!!

Comment

Ruiz has no chance against wilder or fury ,Joshua losing to him had more to do with Joshua being overrated and ruiz being a bad style for him,he wont get around wilder jab and when he jumps in he will eat a right and go to sleep,having fast hands doesn't mean nothing if your footspeed and lateral movement is slow,fury would dance around him to a decision victory,the same ******s saying ruiz would beat wilder was just saying breazele would two weeks ago,just stop,him and fury is the best in the division and they no it which is why there gonna fight again

Comment

8-12 defenses most likely

People forget that Andy's still a young fighter in his 20's and getting better every year. He has tons of prime years left.

Him and Manny Robles are a match made in heaven.

Comment

I'd give him a 70% chance of winning the rematch.

From there, it depends on who he faces. Fury and Wilder beat him, but he may opt for something cheesy like an optional defence against a Joseph Parker or Fujimoto or something in Mexico City before cashing out.

Comment

He will stop Joshua again, I see him stopping Wilder also. he should avoid Fury.

Comment

Working...
                    X