Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG vs Charlo Brothers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny the people criticizing GGG's level of opposition think Charlo (and Wilder) have better resumes than Pacquaio.

Having said that. I think GGG would have his hands full. I'd need to see Charlo tested first before making an educated pick. GGG is a good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      He doesn't, they're just on the hype train hoping it will pay dividends.

Charlo's are promising, but I think even an old GGG gets them. Even though I'm not a fan of GGG, he's got a very difficult style to contend with. Constant constant pressure with heavy hands and a good chin --- they don't want any part of that.
      I agree with that. I personally enjoy GGG's discipline: how he stays with his jab at all time, his patience and relentless pressure.
      However, as shown in the Canelo fight, if you stand in the middle of the ring and throw combination, GGG will not throw in between your combination, he will "eat up" the combination, reset and go on the offense.
      Against GGG, I like the chances of a "volume and combination" puncher with enough "pop" to have GGG's respect. Is Jermall that guy, we shall see!

Comment

If GGG stays around long enough a young lion has to topple him. I don't know if the Charlo's are good enough, but they'd be interesting fights. Do they make sense money wise. Not with Canelo 2 and 3 out there, which is a shame. I'd rather see Golovkin fight Charlo or Saunders or the winner of the 168 tourney. The Canelo fight wasnt that good, neither was Jacobs. I'd see him fight the others first if I had my way.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
          Sure, when he took 4 rounds to knock out a man with no legs and who hadn't had a fight against even a B level fighter in 3 years. That's scary.
          He didn't knock him out. Heiland wasn't hurt by Charlo's punches. The ref stopped the fight because he couldn't move without falling over.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            He didn't knock him out. Heiland wasn't hurt by Charlo's punches. The ref stopped the fight because he couldn't move without falling over.
            I've never heard any boxer being even close to winning if they had a bum leg. A broken hand or what not, no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Are you talking about the Jermall who just barely beat Trout and never hurt him? Are you talking about the Jermall who need 4 rounds to KO a crippled one legged boxer who GGG, Jacobs or Canelo would KO in 1 round? GGG isn't worried about Jermall and GGG fans are confident GGG would KO Jermall and look forward to him doing so if that fight happens.The ones who voted Charlo brothers to beat GGG are probably GGG haters like you who would pick any boxer to beat GGG. The Charlo brothers have done nothing at 160 to make good middleweights fear them.If I was worried about GGG fighting Jermall then I would be a Jermall fan more so than a GGG fan. One of the reasons I am a GGG fan is because he is the best middleweight in the world and I don't have to worry about him losing to any other middleweight least of all Jermall. You can see by the poll results most posters think GGG would beat either brother.
              lolol...there he goes with the good ole triangulation theory...

hey man....thats cool..im glad yer confident...but ive seen other golovkin fans holler "what has charlo done to be ranked #1...he doesnt deserve a golovkin fight"...

those sound like the words of some people who arent so confident...

i think its a great matchup...very intriguing...id love to see it....but it sounds like too much risk/little reward for golovkin...a guy who has shown little interest in fights like that to this point

Comment

if charlo is no problem then ggg should make a wbc defense against him while hes waiting for canelo...makes perfect sense

bolio seems confident that charlo is no problem...then i urge ggg to take care of that non problem....he had no problem taking care of non problems before...why now?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  Funny the people criticizing GGG's level of opposition think Charlo (and Wilder) have better resumes than Pacquaio.

Having said that. I think GGG would have his hands full. I'd need to see Charlo tested first before making an educated pick. GGG is a good fighter.
                  ggg is a good fighter....but i think charlo is too....although id admit he doesnt have the experience of canelo...charlo might be more physicall gifted

nobody actually thinks charlo and wilder have great resumes....thats a lame attempt to deflect...gggs resume stinks save for his last two fights....wilders resume isnt good either but he has two almosts that would have made his resume decent which arent his fault..but it is pretty lame....charlo is just hitting stride where he should start building one

charlo v golovkin would be a heck of a fight while golovkin waits for the canelo rematch...i would love to see it...but i just dont see it...too much risk for golovkin...they arent willing to take that risk and lose that canelo rematch payday...i see virtually no way they go the charlo route...which is sad but it is what it is...i just hope golovkin fans are equally as kind to all other fighters who put money over legacy and risk

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    ggg is a good fighter....but i think charlo is too....although id admit he doesnt have the experience of canelo...charlo might be more physicall gifted

nobody actually thinks charlo and wilder have great resumes....thats a lame attempt to deflect...gggs resume stinks save for his last two fights....wilders resume isnt good either but he has two almosts that would have made his resume decent which arent his fault..but it is pretty lame....charlo is just hitting stride where he should start building one

charlo v golovkin would be a heck of a fight while golovkin waits for the canelo rematch...i would love to see it...but i just dont see it...too much risk for golovkin...they arent willing to take that risk and lose that canelo rematch payday...i see virtually no way they go the charlo route...which is sad but it is what it is...i just hope golovkin fans are equally as kind to all other fighters who put money over legacy and risk
                    You are so full of shit it must be dribbling out of your ears!

Charlo is the WBC mando, and the WBC made a ruling that GGG must settle his rematch with Canelo before fighting his mando ...that would be Charlo, in case you still haven't got it.
                    Last edited by kafkod; 11-18-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                      I've never heard any boxer being even close to winning if they had a bum leg. A broken hand or what not, no problem.
                      Heiland could barely make it to the ring without help from his corner!

Comment

Working...
                      X