Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Aj fans care about money and splits? Floyds fans never did!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Wilder fans are just irrational and ******ed. They think if it comes down to it Joshua should fight Wilder for less than he made against Takam, but Wilder should be paid 10X what he made against Stiverne.
    Please show us someone saying that. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      To be fair, the outdoor events here are so formulaic. With Hearn and Matchroom getting there 10%

75-90k tickets sold at an average of £150
      Sky Box Office PPV is £19.95 - Wlad fight 1.5 million buys, Takam presumably absolutely nowhere near.

That's the core income isn't it? They're never going to exceed 1.5 million buys.

AJ's price know basically seems to be presumed to be about £15 million. So whilst I don't think fans do necessarily care about money that feeling is there that hang on we already know where loads of this money is going already.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        Any fan saying Wilder should get 40%+ is saying that basically.

Comment

In all seriousness. Mayweather paid most fighters after his comeback, around the $3-5 million mark, and they were happy to receive it. If you were a bit of a star or already a proven big name you might get much more, but then again the fights did more in terms of revenue, I am talking about Cotto, Canelo, to a lesser extent Marquez.

But guys like Guerrero, Ortiz, Mosley, Maidana, took what they were offered and they were happy to get it. In some cases these guys were getting less than 10% of the total pot. But they were getting career high pay days, and life changing money.

The same goes for these guys facing Joshua, they will be receiving life changing money. But I don't know why they feel they can get anywhere near the 40% mark. 20% of the pot against Joshua is going to generally fall into £4-6 million mark, which is similar to what Floyd was paying these guys, and Joshua is making 3 times less than Floyd was.

What these guys need to understand is that the fights are not going to do loads more business because they are World Champions like Josh did with Klitschko. They did that business because Wlad was a big name and a future HOF'er. Wilder and Parker bring very little to the table in terms of revenue.

Getting these fights made is not going to be easy!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            To be fair, the outdoor events here are so formulaic. With Hearn and Matchroom getting there 10%

Sky Box Office PPV is £19.95 - Wlad fight 1.5 million buys, Takam presumably absolutely nowhere near.

That's the core income isn't it? They're never going to exceed 1.5 million buys.

AJ's price know basically seems to be presumed to be about £15 million. So whilst I don't think fans do necessarily care about money that feeling is there that hang on we already know where loads of this money is going already.
            Don't they take 20%?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

I guess that's why Matchroom want to wait until it's a ppv fight in America.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                In all seriousness. Mayweather paid most fighters after his comeback, around the $3-5 million mark, and they were happy to receive it. If you were a bit of a star or already a proven big name you might get much more, but then again the fights did more in terms of revenue, I am talking about Cotto, Canelo, to a lesser extent Marquez.

But guys like Guerrero, Ortiz, Mosley, Maidana, took what they were offered and they were happy to get it. In some cases these guys were getting less than 10% of the total pot. But they were getting career high pay days, and life changing money.

The same goes for these guys facing Joshua, they will be receiving life changing money. But I don't know why they feel they can get anywhere near the 40% mark. 20% of the pot against Joshua is going to generally fall into £4-6 million mark, which is similar to what Floyd was paying these guys, and Joshua is making 3 times less than Floyd was.

What these guys need to understand is that the fights are not going to do loads more business because they are World Champions like Josh did with Klitschko. They did that business because Wlad was a big name and a future HOF'er. Wilder and Parker bring very little to the table in terms of revenue.

Getting these fights made is not going to be easy!
                Mayweather - Maidana I split: 96-4 (32M - 1½M)
                Mayweather - Maidana II split 91-9 (32M - 3M)

These numbers are without Floyd's PPV share. Include them and we talk about 99-1 for Floyd or in that ballpark.

Comment

Floyd give Manny 40% didn't he? Manny was a huge name of course, but i think it was still surprising to see Floyd give up 40%...but then Floyd or his advisors were smart enough to realise that 60% of that purse was huge and worth giving up 40% to get that 60%.

Wilder receiving something like 30% should make him realise it's still an incredible amount of money. An amount it would take him about 10 fights to make.

Sometimes you have to not think about what the other guy is making, but what you're making. Joshua can make £10m v someone like Takam. Wilder can't. If Wilder can get £10m out of a Joshua fight, he has to take it. The exact % is irrelevant.
                  Last edited by TheBigLug; 11-10-2017, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Because when Floyd fans were young all they cared about was money, but now, 2 years later, when they've lived life and seen everything, they care about legacy like our grandparents do.

Comment

Those guys when Joshua/Wilder split is discussed :

Same guys when GGG/Canelo purse was discussed :

Comment

Working...
                      X