No announcement yet.

lol why do casuals even care about mayweather/mcgregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    Because its a popular event that is covered by mainstream media. There's your answer. It's the same reason a lot of people watch garbage TV shows like the Kardashian's or listen to brainless pop music with lyrics that have a reading age of a 4 year old. It's simply because the majority of people are followers/non-thinkers and accept whatever is thrown in their face and whatever they're told to like. It's the same kind of mindset that allows trends to be created. Most people are easy to exploit.

That's not knocking people into all that stuff, each to their own, but that's the reason why most are into this kind of thing.

that is knocking basic people, but there's definitely nothing wrong with it.

Comment

You have to ask why many people watch the Kardashians. There are all kinds of people out there.

Comment

Go look up their social media following compared to others and you will get your answer as to why casuals are talking about this more than Canelo vs GGG, Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones II and other fighters that should be considered bigger and more meaningful match ups. But those other fighters are just not as INTERESTING as Mayweather and McGregor unfortunately so they CAN'T Grab the attention of Casuals.

I'm hardcore so of course I'm excited about Canelo vs GGG but their Presser was BORING, their Interview on ESPN BORING it was mostly Oscar doing all the talking. Did they really do a good job selling this fight to Casuals during the press time on ESPN? NOT REALLY but it should still do respectable numbers!

Once Mayweather and McGregor do their Press Tour and Pre Fight stuff everything else will be a After Thought and all the attention will be on THEM!
        Last edited by sicko; 07-03-2017, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shako93 View Post
          Serious I know casuals that never seen an mma or boxing fight ever and they are talking about it. kind of like how 4 million+ people that never saw a mayweather fight thought the between him and pacquiao was boring even though that was how he fought for the last half of his career. This is just sad.
          They are Democrats they have no brain

Comment

Mall Cop made over 180 million

Comment

To be honest there's not much hype around my area. The casuals aren't ever mentioning either fighter so it gives me hope this quite obvious money grab will flop. Both these fighters are disrespecting the public so it deserves to flop.

Comment

The Mac/May hype is not even mentioned in my circle.
                There's really nothing in it other than seeing it as a circus fight.
                If this was Thurman or Garcia for Money May's comeback, I doubt it
                won't get the same coverage.
                The Mac hype is just an excuse to justify the fight.
                Just imagine announcing MoneyMay/Thurman fight.
                It would even surpass this silly McConnor hype.
                Not to mention it's also a legit fight.

Comment

Because of the name value of the participants involved. That alone gives the fight a certain amount of electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    Because its a reason to get together and drink.
                    Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    Because the fight has a lot of star power and people like stars.
                    Good posts

Not that difficult to understand, really

Comment

Because this fight is for the casuals.

Comment

Working...
                      X