Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which languages do you respect the most?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    I don't respect any language, but I respect people who have learned and fluently speak and write in Japanese and Chinese.

I don't think I'll need to know these languages in my future life, but I'm seriously considering starting learning Chinese or Japanese (or both) just to see if I can do it.

My aunt is married to a Japanese guy and lives there. She said it takes years to learn that language and all those signs they write.

Anyway, Zaroku

Chinese is the way to go now.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      I dunno why I'm asking this, as 80% of the lounge can't even speak English properly.

But I gotta give German its props, as it originated English, of course. Then there's the romantic languages, which sound so nice, like French, Italian and Spanish. The latter ideal if you want to know the correct way to say "no, honestly, he was a 154lb fighter his whole career, he's not ducking anybody."

There's other languages I've picked up over the years... if you go over to China or anywhere where the eyes aren't oval and say "ping pong ching chong ting long ping I want to rucking eat my dinner" they'll all come back with something tasty on a lead for you.

I even learned how to speak the African language African-American, after I learned to say "give me your wallet, motherfucker" and "y'all don't do no done wrong past me, aiiiiiiiiit?"

What about you guys?

Comment

I agree with Anorak for the most part. German is a great language (although Icelandic is far closer to the original Germanic language). Italian is beautiful, has a singing quality. French is overrated, sounds like the person is drowning in spit while they're talking.

Gaelic and Latin are pretty cool. I studied Latin for awhile (tremendous respect for ancient Rome in general). Among Asian languages, Japanese is the only one I think has a nice sound. I can speak it, although not fluently.

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
          I did a final about the Bush people, they're basically the progenitor of that language. Apparently it's one of the most subtle and harder languages to get a hold of.

That blew my mind then, cause it just sounds like they're making sound effects
          I saw the movie the gods must be crazy as a kid and thought funny language it was.. It was not until a few years later I learnt it's actually a fukin language spoken by the bush people..

I don't mean to offend anyone but the blind folks are now learning the clickin methodology now to determine the object and distance.. Much like sonar..

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            I dunno why I'm asking this, as 80% of the lounge can't even speak English properly.

But I gotta give German its props, as it originated English, of course. Then there's the romantic languages, which sound so nice, like French, Italian and Spanish. The latter ideal if you want to know the correct way to say "no, honestly, he was a 154lb fighter his whole career, he's not ducking anybody."

There's other languages I've picked up over the years... if you go over to China or anywhere where the eyes aren't oval and say "ping pong ching chong ting long ping I want to rucking eat my dinner" they'll all come back with something tasty on a lead for you.

I even learned how to speak the African language African-American, after I learned to say "give me your wallet, motherfucker" and "y'all don't do no done wrong past me, aiiiiiiiiit?"

What about you guys?

Comment

German is the best language.

Comment

Spanish, Japanese and Russian.

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
                  I did a final about the Bush people, they're basically the progenitor of that language. Apparently it's one of the most subtle and harder languages to get a hold of.

That blew my mind then, cause it just sounds like they're making sound effects

I didn't even know they had a language.

I just thought they waved at you if they like you and throw feces at you if they don't like you.

Comment

English is the only language that matters.

Everything else is just foreign gibberish.

Comment

I'd like to mention Lithuanian - one of the oldest languages, very unique. Has nothing to do with Russian. The fact that it's so old and original makes it of particular interest to linguists.

Comment

Working...
                      X