Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you care about/watch divisions under 122?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

112, 115, have a lot of talent. I don't think you'll find more aesthetically pleasing boxing than what you get from roman and Estrada.

Comment

Nope.

I watch the UK lads in those divisions, especially Kal Yafai who I think will be world champion. Too many japanese guys for my liking.

Of course also watch some chocolatito.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Nope.

I watch the UK lads in those divisions, especially Kal Yafai who I think will be world champion. Too many japanese guys for my liking.

Of course also watch some chocolatito.
        What a wrong with Japanese fighters? Those guys always fight till the end. There's no quitting

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          What a wrong with Japanese fighters? Those guys always fight till the end. There's no quitting
          Nothing is wrong, they just don't appeal to me.

Comment

Yes. Not as closely as I do with higher divisions, but I do follow them to some degree. There are fighters from 112-118 I like quite a bit, but don't know very much below 112 right now doe.

Comment

A lot of action fights in these lower division

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
                Love how, generally speaking, 122 is always the cutoff point, like the division isn't overrated and terrible and the only reason isn't Rigondeaux.

Back to the question, yes.
                I watch most of everything, but a lot of these fighters add great technique with speed, something the higher weights especially above 154 struggle with.
                Its a lot harder to slip a hook at a 1/3 seconds notice than one of the slow-ass 10-second ones from most heavyweights.

Its like watching a high-speed chess match with the cardio to match. And there are still plenty of knockouts in these weights. A punch is a punch, especially that the extra weight added in punching power at the higher divisions is somewhat nullified by the extra velocity added to the shots in the lower ones.

Mass x Acceleration = Force
                Haevier classes have a lot of the former and none of the latter.
                Lighter ones have less of the former but a lot of the latter.

Theres more grace to the lighter weight fighters. Theres so many slow, plodding, stiff uncoordinated sloths at the higher weights, that I'm guessing thats why you see roiding douchebags at bars constantly thinking they can fight.
                Mmm..actually Force = Mass * Acceleration means that a Force causes an acceleration on an object with X Mass. The bigger the Mass at the same force, the less acceleration. The bigger the Force for the same mass, more acceleration. Acceleration is not speed. What carries energy is speed * Mass.

I think what you mean is actually Speed * Mass, which is "Amount of movement" in spanish. Not sure what it is on your language.

But yes, the whole point you meant is that Speed is also important.

I think this can be studied as a case of "Elastic collision". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elastic_collision

If you take a look at the ecuations, you'll see that Mass and Speed (Velocity) are the variables.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                  Just a quick survey
                  Everybody who voted yes should've voted "I pretend to care to appear more hardcore"

Anything below 122 is freak show midget fighting. The competition that low is horrible.
                  Most men can't make the same weight as their pre-teen daughter, so most elite fighters won't be fighting that low. Just look at Roman's resume. He's fighting guys with double digit losses. His competition consists of old fighters, young inexperienced fighters, horrible fighters with double digit losses. It's shameful that he's #1 p4p. Look at the p4p list since Ring started making it. Gonzalez couldn't carry those guys jock strap.

Comment

I'll watch if on TV, but generally i don't bother with midget fighting.

Comment

There is too big of a lack of talent there for me to care.

Comment

Working...
                      X