No announcement yet.

Corkscrew punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corkscrew punch

i was watching couple of anime and found this punch is it real or fake.

but part of it is like using nearly whole your body and from toes to hips to twisting you hands for tourque just asking

Porkchop said what I was doing on the bag sounded like the Jack Dempsey Corkscrew

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
      i was watching couple of anime and found this punch is it real or fake.

but part of it is like using nearly whole your body and from toes to hips to twisting you hands for tourque just asking
      Amongst the guys in my club, we say ''corkscrew punch'' to refer to the kind of punch you would throw from an odd angle. Like if you had slipped a jab you would be in the position to throw an uppercut but it wouldnt be a conventional uppercut, it would be a ''corkscrew uppercut''. And so on....

Comment

Originally posted by Exige Jr View Post
        Amongst the guys in my club, we say ''corkscrew punch'' to refer to the kind of punch you would throw from an odd angle. Like if you had slipped a jab you would be in the position to throw an uppercut but it wouldnt be a conventional uppercut, it would be a ''corkscrew uppercut''. And so on....
        I thought these were "angular punches"

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
          I thought these were "angular punches"
          Never heard that term mate. I was doing it last night and was catching everyone off guard. I was coming into them, but not coming straight on, as I was on my way in I would take a step to the right usually. So now I am to their left and they have to reset their feet and hands and everything to face me. Meanwhile I have a perfect shot on them with either a left hook smash in the face or a right hand straight over the top of their left hand.

I did it on a kid who had much less experience than me because he was using his lack of experience as an excuse to really pressurise and throwing bombs. He missed most of the time but I saw the intent in his punches just in the way he threw them... and then he caught me with the odd 1-2 here and there. So I decided, time to step it up now and smashed him 3 shots that stunned him... thats when they stopped the round, literally 2 seconds after.

Comment

ahhh, well thats what they call them in this book here.

Cool, maybe you will be an angular puncher master

Comment

i though you would say something like this one:
              http://ippo.confusticated.com/techni...crew-again.gif

and another great thing in the anime ippo but i know this one is not true for sure but maybe someday i could try to make it real the heartbreak shot:
              http://ippo.confusticated.com/techni...break-edit.gif

is it similar to this one that i was asking thanks Exige for the tips good k coming up to you:

here is the website if the link didnt work http://ippo.confusticated.com/techniques.html
              Last edited by eazy_mas; 03-25-2007, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Fighting SPirit is ****in badass. Eji Date uses the "corkscrew punch" and technically it does exist. Actually it is how you are supposed to throw your right hand punch all the time, throw it from you face and turn the fist so that the first two knuckles land on your opponent. also make sure you turn your hips into it. Thats all Date does if you watch it.

Comment

Something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNo8nXD3xoc

Comment

when i think corkscrew punch, i think of ricky hatton throwing that crazy uppercut of his.

Comment

Working...
                    X