Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is erislandy lara made out to be such a great fighter on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because he's ranked and he's been ranked in the top 3 JMWs for a long time. It's the same reason why the top 3 fighters from pretty much and popular division are ranked so highly. Common sense..
    I don't see anyone calling him a legend, or HOF'r.

Just a good, proven fighter (win, lose or draw) who has been calling out Lil G for a long time.

Common sense would say when one good proven fighter, is willing to go up ONE weight class, to fight another good proven fighter (Lil G) then the notion of the two fighting is justifiable, right?

Those are the facts, not opinions. Like your personal opinion Lara wouldn't last 5 rounds with Lil G.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      Because he's ranked and he's been ranked in the top 3 JMWs for a long time. It's the same reason why the top 3 fighters from pretty much and popular division are ranked so highly. Common sense..
      I don't see anyone calling him a legend, or HOF'r.

Just a good, proven fighter (win, lose or draw) who has been calling out Lil G for a long time.
      yup

but if Lara and his team really wanted the fight, they could have gotten their ass off their shoulders and angled for a mandatory position, like how GGG did w/ Canelo and the WBC belt.

like, Lara/Jacobs? I'd love to see that fight. they are both WBA titlists , both with PBC. it makes a ton of sense. there is a sizeable Cuban population in NY, and a ton of NY transplants in the south florida area.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

A whole lot of your post is wrong, but I will only focus on this.

There aren't two "slick styles", slick refers to the ability and flexability of a fighter to avoid shots and counter effectively using his body motion as opposed to actual blocking and parrying.

It has less to do with punches and more with the fluidity of your body.

Triangle thories DON'T WORK IN BOXING. Not fighter against fighter, nor style against style. There definitely isn't a circle-of-life cycle of styles, because styles themselves can vary so much within disciplines, and even when two guys have the exact same style, all the other intangibles come into play - heart, courage, IQ, conditioning, experience, etc.

Not only that, but you can be a combination of: a pressure fighter and a slick fighter, and so on and so forth.
        I'd get that one I mean by the two slick styles are the stances, while we have Floyd types of slick, there are Erislandy Lara types of slick, the orthodox stances and the south paw stances, each differently works. Such is a south paw conventional fighter and an orthodox fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Yet he'd be the best fighter on GGG's resume
          Brook is a better fighter than Lara.. He would also win a straight-up..

Comment

• Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
            Brook is a better fighter than Lara.. He would also win a straight-up..
            Do you think Brook beats Lara? They will be able to fight, I think Brook is going to 154, I hope to see that fight

Comment

• Lara is a good world class fighter, but fanboys hype him up to be on the level of floyd, hopkins, winky, etc... But in reality he is more like chris byrd, Cory spinks, chemito Moreno.

He has had plenty of opportunities to shine, but has never looked good even in victory vs guys like vanes, trout, angulo, molina, williams, canelo...

Good fighter but not the p4p elite fighter people hype him up to be

Comment

• Does anyone think that lara actually wants to fight ggg?

Comment

• Why is it that you try to degrade every damn top fighter who has said they wanted to face GGG?

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                    Does anyone think that lara actually wants to fight ggg?
                    Sure why not?? He has shown he will fight anyone

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      Does anyone think that lara actually wants to fight ggg?
                      We'll never know, Team GGG don't call his bluff, they just come up with XYZ as to why they won't fight him and the GGG fans go along with it

Comment

Working...
                      X