No announcement yet.

Cool Photo of Golovkin and Mike Tyson at a Convention

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    LOL, yeah, I know it's just the angle or something but it does provide some ammo for that not moving up to 168 argument....in the event someone wanted to take it there.
    Well according to that logic, since Froch is taller and looks bigger than both Golovkin and current Tyson, I guess Froch should move to light heavy or cruiser?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
      lol what planet do you live on I've seen a little asian kid bench 225 at 15 years old. Shane and Kostya were both notoriously strong and I'm shocked you find it hard to believe they could bench 350. I guess you probably wouldn't believe that Rahman was supposedly benching 500 pounds but these guys are pro athletes (lots of em juicing), and this is what they do for a living (train). I have no doubt Mosley was benching 350 that guy is strong as shiet.
      why do you need to point out he's asian? little racist

I was mainly talking about kostya and no he cant, i live on planet earth and he does not bench 350, that is 3 45 plates with and an extra 17.5 pounds. show me video proof and ill believe it. For kostya to maintain that level of bench press, he would need to focus on benching and lifting . And as a boxer he simply wouldn't have the time or the needs to do that much. i have no doubt he probably could if he trained for it(his strength was unreal), but it would be totally pointless for him to do so.

and im pretty sure mosley said his max was 300 at his prime too, not 350.

Comment

Was going to say....can someone explain to me how GGG is too small for 168 yet he looks bigger the Iron Mike? SMDH...
        Yeah that's the ticket and Mayweather is bigger than Tommy Hearns and Oscar is way bigger than Tyson

Last edited by ИATAS; 12-31-2014, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1836 View Post
          why do you need to point out he's asian? little racist

I was mainly talking about kostya and no he cant, i live on planet earth and he does not bench 350, that is 3 45 plates with and an extra 17.5 pounds. show me video proof and ill believe it. For kostya to maintain that level of bench press, he would need to focus on benching and lifting . And as a boxer he simply wouldn't have the time or the needs to do that much. i have no doubt he probably could if he trained for it(his strength was unreal), but it would be totally pointless for him to do so.

and im pretty sure mosley said his max was 300 at his prime too, not 350.
          Look it up. Just read something that said Tszyu did 220 for 21 reps. Not bad for his size. Someone earlier said Tyson was repping 350, that makes more sense as a max for his stature it wouldn't be impressive at all.

Comment

I'd say that's a pretty deceiving photo then because he looks like he has a wider shoulder span and he looks thicker than Tyson does. There was a degree of sarcasm in my initial post obviously but he does make Tyson look like the MW from that perspective. Looks like his forearms are thicker and his head and neck look larger as well.
            Too be fair I don't think that they're as far away in weight as some think! Sure Golovkin weighs probably 170.

But Mike looks in decent shape now, but he wouldn't be doing the same strength and conditioning as when he was fighting, combined with. The muscular atrophy that old age brings I'd think it would be safe to assume he may weigh less than when he was fighting so may be around 200lbs or less!

But I agree the forced perspective of the photo is the biggest factor

Comment

Working...
            X