Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Guerrero do better against Floyd than Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unlikely, he is not big enough, fast enough, or powerful enough to bother floyd. Unless Floyd is really declining of course. I just dont see the Ghost bringing anything PBF cant deal with.

Comment

I don't think so, he is not as strong as Cotto plus that fight was at 154

Comment

An overly aggressive fighter will only beat Floyd if Floyd comes in old (which at 36 isn't necessarily out of the question). The problem I see for Guerrero based on how he fights is he comes straight forward and will be right in front of Mayweather. He doesn't have a strong jab that he'll use consistently throughout the fight. He IS a southpaw and they've given Floyd trouble, but Floyd figures out southpaws just like every southpaw he's faced.

Cotto was successful in spots because he cut the ring off on Floyd instead of following him. He also was pumping the jab and frustrating Mayweather noticeably. He was able to trap Floyd on the ropes more than I think he wanted to be, but a younger Mayweather would've stepped to the side and found his distance. Guerrero has I say a better chance than Ortiz because I think skillfully he's better, but as long as Floyd still has his mechanics in tune without transmission work being needed, he should win by UD in maybe a slightly less competitive fight than Cotto.

Comment

Can Robert fight threw Floyds power? If he can this could be a good fight or he gets out pointed 2 to 1!! Southpaw stance shouldn't be a problem because Robert doesn't box with his right shoulder forward and he doesn't slide to his right away from the conventional stances power (right hand). All things considered everyone knows they'll be in top condition and we'll see how Floyd reacts in the first 3 rounds and if Robert has moved up to a bad weight class for him.
          I think Robert holds the weight well and that Floyd will need a few rounds to shake off the inactivity! Hope its 12 tuff rounds and the better man that night wins!! Ray.

Comment

It's hard to say. Guerrero hasn't hit the elite level yet.

Comment

As great as Floyd is defensively, I think you also have to be a great defender against Floyd because of how accurate he is. You may be throwing a lot of punches, but out of the 13-14 punches Floyd may land in the round, at least 3 of them are very noticeable shots as where people get excited when Floyd is simply grazed on the head. He wins A LOT of rounds this way more than being dominant early on.

Comment

He is hungry but does he have the skills to give Mayweather problems like Cotto did? We shall see.

Comment

Basically what will happen is, if somehow Guerrero pulls off the upset or it's a very close fight, a lot of people will say Floyd has been past his prime. But if Floyd wins, a lot of people will say it was the expected result. I think Guerrero will do a lot better than people expect. He's a young & tough fighter who can take a punch so he'll keep coming at Floyd throughout the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
                    Basically what will happen is, if somehow Guerrero pulls off the upset or it's a very close fight, a lot of people will say Floyd has been past his prime. But if Floyd wins, a lot of people will say it was the expected result. I think Guerrero will do a lot better than people expect. He's a young & tough fighter who can take a punch so he'll keep coming at Floyd throughout the fight.
                    It's a bit of both if you realistically look at it. Floyd IS past his prime, but being past your prime doesn't always mean one foot in the grave. Floyd IS expected to beat Guerrero based on the style match up. I'm giving Guerrero the chance that if Floyd shows up old he's got the shot of a lifetime. But even if he can take Floyd's punches, there's so much more Floyd does in there to frustrate you to where he may take his shots but have no clue on how to land his own on Floyd ala Baldomir (though i dont expect it to be that boring at all).

Comment

Guerrero/Floyd is gonna look like Floyd/Hatton... it might look sloppy but Floyd should still come out on top. Dunno if Guerrero will get KOed though.

these are 2 different fights... I think Guerreros smothering style is more uncomfortable for Floyd than Cottos boxing style

Comment

Working...
                      X