Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ and Hearn lining up Excuses, Say Wilder has To Sign BEFORE fighting Fury [Video]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ and Eddie Hearn sounds Utterly RIDICULOUS! "We're Not Waiting Until After Wilder Vs Fury In December"...WHAT?

Let me get this right, so while preparing for Tyson Fury, Wilder should sign a contract to fight AJ NOW? last time I seen this was probably the Oscar De La Hoya vs Bernard Hopkins fight in which Oscar fought Felix Strum who flat out ROBBED vs Oscar to assure Oscar vs B-Hop

Dillian Whyte in April in a rematch that absolutely NOBODY is asking for, that was always the PLAN!
    Last edited by sicko; 09-22-2018, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Yea I don't know how its good business to make a deal BEFORE your career, up til now, defining fight & what might arguably be the best W between both of them. I understand Joshua's side here more than the last time around. They are trying to avoid a mando being forced upon them, but from Wilder's pov his leverage goes up tremendously if he beats Fury. And if he loses to Fury this deal won't mean sh^t anyway. So for Wilder its a heads you win, tails I lose situation as far as the deal goes.

That said if Wilder & his team don't make a deal early its extremely likely their won't be a opportunity to make this fight til 2020. But ultimately I don't think either side would be to blame this time around. I definitely felt Hearn was responsible for the fight not happening as the next fight for both guys.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        The date is done and locked in
        You don't definitively commit yourself to a date and building 10 months in advance if you're serious about negotiating in good faith for a major fight that's not in house. If you take a "my way or the highway" approach that far in advance, you're not serious about making the compromises necessary to navigate a politically difficult deal for the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world.

It'll be Whyte in April and it's been Whyte all along. It was Povetkin in September all along. Hearn had the WBO remove Povetkin as mandatory so they could pretend Whyte was mandatory instead, to prevent an IBF mandatory in April. These things are orchestrated very far in advance.

Hearn will delay a Wilder fight as long as possible.

Comment

It makes sense that they need time to book the venue and such, but it's a trick hidden behind what seems to be a sensible premise. After beating Fury, Wilder will have a lot of heat and be in a better position to negotiate. Especially since he'll likely have a spectacular KO over the undefeated former champ. Eddie would much rather negotiate now, while AJ is coming off a victory.

If I was managing Deontay I'd tell Eddie, "Call me after the Fury fight."

Comment

Negotiating in advance or negotiating too slow. Why can’t they just do it right if they’re serious??? Dammmn.
            I have no side on this one, but big fights like this can’t be done like this.
            They know wilder won’t sign in advance, he’s got the biggest challenge in front of him right now. Signing in advance and negotiating in advance would put unneccesary pressure and stress towards him mentally whether he likes it or not.
            It’s like committing to two things, it’s okay if it’s midget fights but these are too big challenges

Comment

AJ vs Whyte in April it is then.

Comment

Fast Car Eddie is starting to do my nut in, the way he drinks his beer is infuriating

Comment

let Joshua fight Pulev in front of 90,000 singing drunk people.

After Wilder beats Fury he will have other options.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    If you're serious about fighting someone, you don't declare the date and venue before negotiations even begin. What if April 13 doesn't work for Wilder? What if Wembley doesn't work for Wilder? Announcing the date and venue before even fighting Povetkin was laying the groundwork nearly a year in advance to have excuses when the fight didn't happen.
                    They booked Wembley well in advance to avoid losing the date and so they had no choice to announce it because the news would have otherwise just surfaced in the media by other means (as it's a high profile event at Wembley) which would have made Matchroom look unprofessional for not publicly announcing it in the first place.

Comment

Wilders got the date and venue he wanted so what's the problem with him signing? Isn't that what he wanted?

Comment

Working...
                      X