Comments Thread For: Cunningham Could See Fury Outboxing Wilder - Then Get KO'd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
    "Cunningham Could See Fury Outboxing Wilder - Then Get KO'd"

He's just summed up the majority of Wilder's tenure as champ, let alone this one fight.
    Truth. So much truth. Everyone seems to think Wilder actually cares about getting outboxed when he fights. That includes the guys who get in the ring with him.

Comment

People forget the value of being sensible. Cunningham has always been "sensible." And as such, he does not need to make a different prediction... His prognosis is, most likely the elements that will determine the outcome of this fight.

Sometimes things do have a way of changing but in boxing usually the most likely scenario plays one way or another. So with that said the question becomes how Fury deals with the right hand of Wilder. While it is excrutiating to bet a fight and want a man to avoid a punch, the truth is Wilder will have limited opportunities.

The real opinion is how will those opportunities play out? I think if Fury outboxes him, those opportunities will vanish quickly. If it was 15 rounds it would be more interesting.

Comment

Fury clearly lost the Cunningham fight. The judges, who were they? Americans right?

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
          I hope Fury doesn't give Wilder one of his famous uppercuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8VlkRxcIYA
          LOL!!! .... you know if Amir Khan did that he would have KO'd himself.

....... maybe even sent himself into retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Oshio View Post
            Fury clearly lost the Cunningham fight. The judges, who were they? Americans right?
            Fury was getting outboxed in the early rounds of this fight, he then preceded to fight dirty and knocked USS out with a forearm.

It was your typical kathy Duva **** show on NBC

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
              The Fury vs Cunningham fight should have been ruled a NC, or at least penalize Fury and give Cunningham recovery time. The same with Khan vs Judah.

Very little criticism is ever heard because people believe the result would have been inevitable anyway. Poor reason to throw out the rule book.
              It probably should have been a DQ loss, actually. Fury was also fouling him the whole fight, and probably should have lost points. But like Cunningham said, if the ref let him get away with it, that's not really up to Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                People forget the value of being sensible. Cunningham has always been "sensible." And as such, he does not need to make a different prediction... His prognosis is, most likely the elements that will determine the outcome of this fight.

Sometimes things do have a way of changing but in boxing usually the most likely scenario plays one way or another. So with that said the question becomes how Fury deals with the right hand of Wilder. While it is excrutiating to bet a fight and want a man to avoid a punch, the truth is Wilder will have limited opportunities.

The real opinion is how will those opportunities play out? I think if Fury outboxes him, those opportunities will vanish quickly. If it was 15 rounds it would be more interesting.
                I actually disagree. I don't think smart money is on a knockout. In boxing, everyone has a puncher's chance, especially a puncher, but it's not a safe prediction to favor the puncher in a case where you think the other guy will outbox the puncher.

This is my view of picking fights. If I expect Fury to outbox Wilder, he will be my pick. And I think I do lean toward Fury.

That being said, I have underestimated Wilder before. So, I have sort of learned not to underestimate him.

But, I do lean toward Fury on the cards or Wilder by knockout. Fury could knockout Wilder, but more likely wins a decision. Can Wilder win a decision against Fury? Sure, you never know, but I don't favor that result.

Based on this, I lean toward Fury.

Comment

The likely scenario....

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Cat View Post
                    I actually disagree. I don't think smart money is on a knockout. In boxing, everyone has a puncher's chance, especially a puncher, but it's not a safe prediction to favor the puncher in a case where you think the other guy will outbox the puncher.

This is my view of picking fights. If I expect Fury to outbox Wilder, he will be my pick. And I think I do lean toward Fury.

That being said, I have underestimated Wilder before. So, I have sort of learned not to underestimate him.

But, I do lean toward Fury on the cards or Wilder by knockout. Fury could knockout Wilder, but more likely wins a decision. Can Wilder win a decision against Fury? Sure, you never know, but I don't favor that result.

Based on this, I lean toward Fury.
                    So where is the disagreement? Thats true the boxer is always favored and furthermore, since we have 12 round fights and not 15 round fights these days it is even more so the case.

Smart money considers a lot of things...for example, it finds out about training camps, etc... But it is certainly the case certain principles are considered and this would be a big one.

I have a thread describing why I think Fury wins this easily Lol.

My point was that Cunningham made a statement that was not particularly glib, entertaining, etc... But was based on his experience and the inherent sensability of someone who had been there...so to speak. So for example, he described his bias, he described his concerns, and his prediction clearly and intelligently. But even Cunnigham has said hes on the fence with this one. He does seem to think Wilder has a decent opportunity here...personally? (and I realize I might eat crow on this one...I don't usually do this) I don't give Wilder much of a chance at all assuming Fury is 70-80% of where he was when he fought Vlad.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                      LOL!!! .... you know if Amir Khan did that he would have KO'd himself.

....... maybe even sent himself into retirement.
                      One of the Best Gif ever. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X