No announcement yet.

Why is Floyd doing this seriously?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I bet its hard to turn down so much money.

I mean whats a legacy realllllllly? Its some sh^t people you don't know say about you when you are old or dead. Does anyone reallllllly give a f#ck whats thought of them when they are old or dead? I'm thinking nah.

So while some fans will b^tch & moan who's turning down $88M even if you got $500M+ or w/e Floyd gots. If Floyd is worth a billion dollars this fight is an 8% bump in his net worth. Who's turning down an 8% bump in their net worth for 36 minutes or less (probably less in this case) of work??? I'm guessing nobody would be.
    To us who don’t want to make a mark in history or be remembered yeah it doesn’t matter. Tell that to the greats, tell that to Michael Jordan and he’ll laugh at your mediocre ass.

I do think this doesn’t affect Floyd’s legacy, doesn’t make it less of a joke though. I like Floyd, and he had a good ride into the sunset I hope it’ll remain the same. As we rarely see it happen in the sport of boxing.
    Had he avoided fights and engineered his career yes, doesn’t make me wish him bad at this point of his career.

Comment

Low risk high reward

Comment

lets see, if there is no kicks and its a straight boxing match, this will be the second “fight” in a row that floyd doesnt have to train for real and he will make probably $100 million to basically get off his couch box for about 20 minutes plus or minus and go home. Wouldnt you do it for 20 mins of work?

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
          To us who don’t want to make a mark in history or be remembered yeah it doesn’t matter. Tell that to the greats, tell that to Michael Jordan and he’ll laugh at your mediocre ass.
          Jordan? Thats a bad example. He hurt his legacy coming back that last time to.

Most of these cats have hurt their legacy. Its no big deal cuz their legacy is so big to start with if Floyd or Jordan had or do complete til they are 80 what does it really matter?

Jordan's legacy was set before he even won an NBA title & it just increased as he did win titles one by one. Same with Floyd. Floyd's legacy was set with that Oscar win or hell even before that. For me as a GR born cat Floyd winning a title 2 years into his career was epic.

Legacy's ain't sh^t to the mfer who made a legacy. Legacy's only mean a lot to fans far more often than not.

Comment

It's a lot of money to leave on the table. I've been extremely critical of his recent moves, but would do the same if I were in his shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
              He cant be going broke im sure his taxes are crazy but this is the richest athlete on the planet rn whats the point anymore.

THIS IS TURNING INTO A JOKE HE'S ONE THE BEST TO EVER FIGHT WHY IS HE PLAYING WITH HIS LEGACY AT THIS POINT!!??
              According to Charlemagne da god he is burning through his money and needs to keep fighting to keep up that lifestyle. He said like many of us here have said that once he is truly done fighting he is going to end up broke

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Jordan? Thats a bad example. He hurt his legacy coming back that last time to.

Most of these cats have hurt their legacy. Its no big deal cuz their legacy is so big to start with if Floyd or Jordan had or do complete til they are 80 what does it really matter?

Jordan's legacy was set before he even won an NBA title & it just increased as he did win titles one by one. Same with Floyd. Floyd's legacy was set with that Oscar win or hell even before that. For me as a GR born cat Floyd winning a title 2 years into his career was epic.

Legacy's ain't sh^t to the mfer who made a legacy. Legacy's only mean a lot to fans far more often than not.
                Only replying to the way you downplayed legacy. And it’s exactly Jordan’s words “no one wants to go to the grave forgotten”

Legacy is the totallity of your career not just parts of it, that’s why Jordan coming back or Floyd making circus acts doesn’t do ish.
                Last edited by dibzvincent143; 11-07-2018, 01:01 AM.

Comment

5'4, 122lbs lol.........

Comment

Only an idiot would turn down easy money.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                      Only replying to the way you downplayed legacy. And it’s exactly Jordan’s words “no one wants to go to the grave forgotten”

Legacy is the totallity of your career not just parts of it, that’s why Jordan coming back or Floyd making circus acts doesn’t do ish.
                      I don't really get where you are going with this. You act like Floyd discovered reducing your legacy. Jordan diminished his legacy too with his sh^tty comeback. Damn near every other great fighter who didn't die young stuck around too long & diminished their legacy. Its fairly standard sh^t.

Comment

Working...
                      X