No announcement yet.

Is Shakur Stevenson a good fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
    Is this kid any good. Do you think he has a chance of being great since he isn't even knocking out over matched guys this early in his career?
    He's young, and he's being spoon-fed soft work, but he's doing a few fundamental things right.

That lack of power is a concern, but let's give him a couple more years to physically max out.

Comment

A more talented Devon Alexander?

Comment

He's good enough. But I don't feel like he'll be #1 in any division. I'm sure Arum will find him some vacant WBO title to fight for vs a soft touch in a couple years. I feel like he'll probably max out at being a bottom legit top ten type guy.

Comment

No. He is just better than average but nothing that special from what I have seen. Anybody who makes sound effects for his punches can't be that good.

Comment

he's among the most over hyped guys in the sports.

He looks ok but dayyum,, be patient

Comment

I haven't been overly impressed from what I've seen so far

But it's still early

Plus It's real difficult to predict great fighters early in their career they rarely pan out

Comment

KingRyan Garcia would easily beat him but Shakur is still going 2 be great,KingRyan Garcia is special

Comment

Lol. I can't believe some of you are actually boxing fans.

Devin Haney was destroying pros in the gym before he even had his first professional fight...he was like 16. Floyd did the same at a very young age. This is where the comparisons came from.

I recall watching extensive sparring between Stevenson and Haney before Stevenson fought at the Olympics...Stevenson definitely got the better of it.

Tl;dr - He WILL be a special fighter in the future. It's very early in his career, he will prove all of you who are saying he's a "dud" to be 10000% wrong. Quote me on that.

EDIT: Also, yes I know that "sparring is just sparring" but still, when you're THIS good, it definitely matters. Pure skills. On another note, I saw Ryan Garcia getting worked by one of Mayweather's prospects "Rolando Romero" or something like that. Busted his nose up, snapped his head back with shots and backed him up.
                  Last edited by lolpz; 02-17-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                    He was until he signed with Arum. If he signed with Floyd, he'd be the future.
                    He would have been labled as Future Fighter of the Decade had he signed with Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman2000 View Post
                      KingRyan Garcia would easily beat him but Shakur is still going 2 be great,KingRyan Garcia is special
                      Garcia's another guy getting heavily hyped and getting spoon fed easy work . But at least Ryan's knocking them out .

Comment

Working...
                      X