No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Free To Box After UKAD Ruling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    The only time I can think of was Tony Thompson testing positive against Price, where the results and outcome were kept confidential for months afterwards in the same way by the UK testing system. At the time a lot of people said that was badly handled and things needed to change but seems like they just carried on the same way. Could easily be others to have tested positive this year and we still don't know about it.
    If nobody leaked the info we wouldn't have heard about Fury until now. Crazy. But ican see why they do it, to try and protect the reputation of those found innocent of any wrongdoing.

Comment

I agree that there's something strange about this ruling but I'm just pleased he's back. Don't care about hughie because he's boring but Tysons return is excellent news.

Comment

The drug ban is over and that's a good thing. What this means is he can fight outside of the UK at this time, but to box in Great Britain he still needs to acquire a licence, of which he does not have at this time.

Comment

The undisputed heavyweight champion does what he wants. Welcome back

Comment

There was a reason Fury and his team didn't protest too much during this 2 year ban.

Let's be honest, he pulled out of the Klitschko Rematch as his team knew what was coming in the UKAD Ruling.

Just look at Fury being so fat now, without them steroids he's going to struggle to get down in weight.

Even if he does get back into fight fitness, i doubt he'll be the same force again without steroids.

It's clear that the Fury that fought John Mcdermott twice and lost at least once isn't the same Fury just a year later. Of cause you can say he improved but boxers don't improve that much!

Comment

So UKAD allowed him to compete against Klitschko whilst banned ?

Comment

Klitschko should try getting the result changed to an NC now. Sue UKAD and Fury too.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame
                  I'm happy he's back but this article has made me a little more confused. Backdated ban but he says he's happy he won't be labelled a drug cheat. We need some answers.
                  So who’s liable for him facing Klitschko whilst testing dirty ? Is the decision to be overturned and called a NC ? I don’t understand what’s going on here, it will be interesting to hear from Bernd Boente.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Klitschko should try getting the result changed to an NC now. Sue UKAD and Fury too.
                    Beat me to it, my thoughts exactly. Why K2 allowed UKAD to handle testing initially I’ll never understand, like when Povetkin and his team won purse bids and they insisted on RUSADA handling testing K2 flatly refused and they did WADA whilst Povetkin was handled by the Russian testers, I thought Klitschko was soft then but accepted WOB had won the purses. Boente was quoted at the time as saying they’ll leave nothing to chance and nothing surprises them in this game with what they have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                      So who’s liable for him facing Klitschko whilst testing dirty ? Is the decision to be overturned and called a NC ? I don’t understand what’s going on here, it will be interesting to hear from Bernd Boente.
                      The confusion around this situation just shows how suspicious it all is behind the scenes and shady. We only hear a percentage of all what goes on for sure. Fury taking a deal does look bad though, but like you are getting at, there are more questions raised here than there are conclusions given. We need more information here.

The whole scenario is strange.

Comment

Working...
                      X