Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Kovalev switched trainers, is now with Buddy McGirt.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He doesn’t have a stamina problem. He just doesn’t train like he should sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Good to hear it. He was def in the wrong direction with the other dude. His jab turned to absolute garbage. Lost his crispness.
      If you get chicken tenders in a to-go box and leave them in there for awhile they loose their crispiness too

Comment

Oh ****. The rematch is now a loss for kovalev by corner stoppage. All Buddy "I'm stopping it champ" does is pull the plug on fights.

Comment

Poor choice. Buddy McGirt is a perpetual loser. We are watching the end of Kovalev unfold in front of us. Damn shame as this will leave him on the outside looking in for the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            You're right about that. It looked like slow motion against Alvarez. I had Kovalev winning before the KO, but he had trouble with his jab, and he let Alvarez get in close, whereas he would normally control the distance very well with his jab.
            Ever since he switched trainers, I've been seriously hoping he would switch again because I immediately noticed the changes. He used to have such drive behind his jab. All of his punches used to be sharp. I particularly notice because I mimic this on the heavy bag. There's a concussive power to punches thrown with such speed and timing, and with the body giving a subtle thrust behind them. I don't see him doing that now.

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            If you get chicken tenders in a to-go box and leave them in there for awhile they loose their crispiness too
            I fully believe in that type of thing but with Kov, it wasn't an age thing, it was a marked difference between trainers.
            I'm very interested to see if he gets his old form back or if it was just something JDJ instilled in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
              Oh ****. The rematch is now a loss for kovalev by corner stoppage. All Buddy "I'm stopping it champ" does is pull the plug on fights.
              I really hope Buddy doesn’t throw in the towel at the first sign of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley_ View Post
                something happened with this man

i truly believe hes lost his belief in himself, due in part to how the 2nd ward fight unfolded and its quite a shame because he should have a win on his resume for their first fight.. he should retire imo
                It's easy to look good when going up in competition but when you start fighting good fighters you get exposed. Good fighters are not there just for the pay check, they fight back, are stronger, can take your shot and more intelligent. Kovalev was never as good as some people claimed thats why he didnt fight Adonis. They chose soft punchers because they knew he was soft at the whiskers.

Comment

how many fights before Mcgirt is thrown under a bus and fired?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                    What? It's the second time he switched trainers. First one was when he left JDJ after the Ward fights, and now he switched again after the Alvarez loss.
                    that would be 3 different trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                      I came to say this too, the white towel is coming!!

Comment

Working...
                      X