Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Lampley: Overwhelming Majority Saw Golovkin Win, Twice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go ahead Golovkin has his own style
    I don't consider it Mexican style never did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motofan View Post
      The polls on here, press row, most boxers not Mexican, polls on Instagram, etc., all have GGG winning both fights clearly. Not that it matters. It's over and done and history will just say SD Canelo. I honestly feel kind of bad for Canelo in all of this. He fought MUCH better and stood his ground in the rematch. He fought like he had something to prove and went right at GGG. He deserves credit for that and respect. Still though, most people in every poll don't believe it was enough to take the belt from the champ.
      This might be my last post on the fight. It was a great fight and lots of respect to both guys. Yes, most people had it for Golovkin based on what I have seen. In my eyes he won both fights. This was close but I just don't see Canelo winning it. I was surprised in my three days in Mexico how many people I talked to who said they thought Golovkin won. I even heard it on the radio on a morning show in Mexicali.

In the end, and I said this well before this fight, if I see a fight I determine my own winner. Sure that doesn't mean crap to anyone but me, so what. I'm never going to be convinced Canelo beat Golovkin. I simply believe his Ws are part of the legacy of corruption that exist in boxing where the playing field is stacked. But that's that.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        113-115 Golovkin.

If the point you are trying to make is that people have GGG winning a fight that was realistically as close as this fight was by a point, because they don't understand subjective scoring criteria, then I don't know what to say for you.

I respect that you believe canelo won the fight, but you are in the minority in your opinion.
        I have no issues at all with your score. My only issues is the ppl saying it was a robbery or GGG CLEARLY won. Or the DOPES who gave GGG 8, 9, 10+ rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
          This might be my last post on the fight. It was a great fight and lots of respect to both guys. Yes, most people had it for Golovkin based on what I have seen. In my eyes he won both fights. This was close but I just don't see Canelo winning it. I was surprised in my three days in Mexico how many people I talked to who said they thought Golovkin won. I even heard it on the radio on a morning show in Mexicali.

In the end, and I said this well before this fight, if I see a fight I determine my own winner. Sure that doesn't mean crap to anyone but me, so what. I'm never going to be convinced Canelo beat Golovkin. I simply believe his Ws are part of the legacy of corruption that exist in boxing where the playing field is stacked. But that's that.
          Im gonna take a wild guess and say you were in Cancun Mexico for those 3 days???

Comment

• A majority of people actually thought it was a close fight, not a robbery like Lampley suggested-- and keep in mind the public sympathy was on GGG's side. Team GGG got the kind of fight they wanted with Canelo constantly pressuring and the kind of judging they wanted that favored the aggressor, but to the shock of many (including Abel himself) it was Canelo constantly coming forward while GGG retreated for much of the bout. Conventional wisdom said Canelo would be destroyed doing, instead it was a highly competitive affair in which Canelo outlanded him in power shots in 9 of the 12 rounds.

The real story of this fight was Canelo calling team GGG's bluff and outbullying the supposed boogeyman of boxing.

Comment

• So, the judges are wrong when fan boys fighter loses.

Comment

• Question ....why all the hate towards GGG on here? The two fights with Canelo PROVED without a doubt that GGG is an elite fighter he officially came up short BUT he is a cut above the rest....same goes for Canelo hes proved that he's an elite fighter. All this shiate talking and for what!! these two are the best in their division ! Not Canelo or GGG are mediocre or a bum!

Now it's on Charlo, Bjs, and Dervenchenko to prove themselves if they're in the A Class ! Jacob's is a B Fighter for now!

Comment

• Look, we already know most of the fans and media believe GGG won.

We also know that most of the fans & media believed that GGG won the first fight as well.

We also know that Canelo will always get favorable scorecards he doesn't deserve in Vegas (Even against Floyd Mayweather, who he lost 11 rounds to).

I scored the fight 116-112, as I had the fight 3-3 after the 6th round and then Golovkin dominating the 2nd half and losing only one, maybe 2 rounds.

But, as more fighters I respect are coming out to say they respect the decision, the more I do.

I'm cool with seeing it as a draw that Canelo won because it was Vegas.

And no, race is not clouding my judgement as I am Black and had no dog in the fight racially.

I will say, I do see some resentment of GGG from a lot of other Black folks. For what? I don't really know.

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    i'll tell you who the vast majority of fans had winning- gennady golovkin

" the vast majority of fans "

who gives a fcuk what the casuals think ?

those clowns said that Golovkin will KTFO Clenelo

those clowns said that Canelo looks small doe

no muscle doe

clen doe

that is what " the vast majority of fans " said

now " the vast majority of fans " are crying in their wheaties and saying, he old doe lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      It's called boxing knucklhead. He didn't give up the center of the ring. He didn't go to the ropes. When Canelo threw punches he slipped them or took a step back. Its not even close to what Canelo did.

Canelo beat Golovkin at his own game lol

Golovkin couldn't do shlt..... no body-work..... no relentless pressure..... no breaking his opponent down over the course of the fight

Jabkin back-peddled all night long throwing pitty-pat jabs

that is NOT how you win a fight

Comment

Working...
                      X