Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitting Rock Bottom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

everything is related to perception, misery is in your own mind and your mind is your own prison. with the wrong mindset you could be a millionaire and you'd still be low. change your self talk from negative to positive, think of life in the bigger picture. Completely cliche but when you think about how life is finite, i find that the things i stress and worry about seem small and insignificant. You have to make the most of each chapter of your life, the clock is ticking and before you know it your youth is gone and youre going to be looking back on it and thinking why the **** were you moping around for.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Of course. I'm still not out of the woods yet but I've been feeling better for the most part lately.

Time helped me. Also try to keep yourself occupied.
      I'm glad to hear that.

Great advice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
        Yes I have mate. Battled addiction most my life, nearly died twice from overdoses

The most important step for me was talking, I told my friends and I family that I needed help as I was struggling badly. I know it sounds silly and obvious but talking about your problem is the first big step. If you don’t have friends/family who you feel comfortable confiding with then go to AA/Drug addiction meetings. Speak to like minded people

You will come around
        Congrats on admitting you needed help and finding your way out

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          everything is related to perception, misery is in your own mind and your mind is your own prison. with the wrong mindset you could be a millionaire and you'd still be low. change your self talk from negative to positive, think of life in the bigger picture. Completely cliche but when you think about how life is finite, i find that the things i stress and worry about seem small and insignificant. You have to make the most of each chapter of your life, the clock is ticking and before you know it your youth is gone and youre going to be looking back on it and thinking why the **** were you moping around for.
          THIS right here. So many people don't understand this concept, they think oh if I become a millionaire somehow like win the lotto or something all of my problems will go away and I'd live free and happy....... NO, that is a lie.

Your state of mind is whats really shaping you and your happiness, like the above said, you can be a millionaire on a private beach on an Indonesian island sipping one of those fruity island drinks like a bahama mama or whatever, and you can still be feeling empty inside.

Its cliche but honestly the best advice I can ever give is the best advice I have ever gotten which is just be aware the every single little trivial thing that happens in your life whether trivial or significant, it is all MEANT to happen. There are no accidents, no coincidences, no mistakes! Everything all around you is literally precisely where you are supposed to be whether you like it or not, there is no changing it. Your life has a purpose but it is for you to discover, within yourself, your perceptions about existing.

But that is the hardest concept to accept of all, the fact that we cannot change everything and that we must not be attached to things because everything is very temporary.

but if you somehow do succeed in accepting and not trying to control or keep everything together, tou will have peace like no other. I know I struggle with it everyday it is very hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
            Yes I have mate. Battled addiction most my life, nearly died twice from overdoses

The most important step for me was talking, I told my friends and I family that I needed help as I was struggling badly. I know it sounds silly and obvious but talking about your problem is the first big step. If you don’t have friends/family who you feel comfortable confiding with then go to AA/Drug addiction meetings. Speak to like minded people

You will come around
            thx bro, much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
              a bum with no debt or criminal record
              No debt no criminal record?! I Don't know how you reached rock bottom then

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Of course. I'm still not out of the woods yet but I've been feeling better for the most part lately.

Time helped me. Also try to keep yourself occupied.
                advice taken mate

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  couldn't agree more.

Comment

I felt like I hit rick bottom when I was in college. Had a girlfriend I couldn’t afford to have (extremely high maintenance) and a bunch of rich punk friends. She left me for some dude that had “a lot of money” at the time. My “friends” eventually dropped out of school due to addiction problems while the broke one (me) graduated, started my career, and went on to have a better life than them.

So, although my life wasn’t exactly a disaster I felt as if I had hit rock bottom at that time.

Comment

I can't say I have hit rock bottom in life and it's a very subjective term and depends on the individual and how he assesses his situation..

My suggestion and what I actually followed when I was at a very low point in my life was - Laugh at yourself/your pain.. Enjoy the moment/struggle because you know this is not permanent and when you look back at these days a few months from now you'll know you made it just fine..
                      One thing about hitting rock bottom is you know there is nothing worse that can happen from that point on..

Comment

Working...
                      X