Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Black Panther' Hype: "Erik Killmonger Is The Best Marvel Villain Since The Joker"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
    That's Michael B. Jordan's character. I have a friend that works at one of the studios that made this claim. Casey Neistat (a Youtuber who I don't know anything about) also allegedly claimed this after a recent screening of the movie. Additional buzz about Michael B. Jordan getting nominated for Best Supporting Actor next awards season for this character on the Gold Derby forum as well.

Thoughts?

Comment

In this order:

Loki
      Magneto (Fassbender)
      Hela
      Vulture
      Ultron
      EGO (Kurt Russell)
      Alexander Pierce (Winter Soldier movie)
      Zemo

Have all been great post Ledger's Joker. If anyone is going to crack the top 3 spot it's going to be Thanos.

Killmonger is looking like an evil Black Panther ripoff. And basically he is, from the trailers, it looks like he's going to wear a slightly different colored Black Panther costume. He's angry at Black Panther for some reason and wears a Black Panther suit to fight Black Panther. Come on come up with something better before they try to put him up there in the pantheon of great comic villains.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
        In this order:

Loki
        Magneto (Fassbender)
        Hela
        Vulture
        Ultron
        EGO (Kurt Russell)
        Alexander Pierce (Winter Soldier movie)
        Zemo

Have all been great post Ledger's Joker. If anyone is going to crack the top 3 spot it's going to be Thanos.

Killmonger is looking like an evil Black Panther ripoff. And basically he is, from the trailers, it looks like he's going to wear a slightly different colored Black Panther costume. He's angry at Black Panther for some reason and wears a Black Panther suit to fight Black Panther. Come on come up with something better before they try to put him up there in the pantheon of great comic villains.
        I guarantee you will have a different view of him after having watched the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
          I guarantee you will have a different view of him after having watched the movie.
          Doubtful. From what I read he disappears for most of the movie.

I keep hearing he's a good villain, just not great. We'll see, we'll see if he stands the test of time, or if he's just getting a bunch of hype for a movie that made 10-15 years ago would've been lumped together with the other mediocre to good Marvel movies.

I seriously doubt it's as good as The Dark Knight or even Winter Soldier and Civil War. And I seriously doubt Killmonger is on the level of Joker, Magneto and Loki.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            Heath was so damn good he developed haters AFTER DEATH because he was getting so much praise for his character. I guess we will just have to see.
            Yep. Gotta beat out Heath for me, and that one monumental task.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
              Yep. I changed the title.

EDIT: Guess I can't change it.
              Yea I was kinda thinking that what you meant. And that's gonna be very hard to beat, I know he probably gets a lot of love because he died but he was truly impressive in that movie

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                No review is really objective. Like every movie, some people will like it and some won't. I, personally, dislike plenty of movies that garnered Oscar buzz, and love others that many people dislike. For a BP movie, the star will always be Wakanda for me. How that world is brought to life will always be met with intrigue. So, if Coogler is able to capture my imagination with his depiction of Wakanda then I am sold. I am going to the theater to see Wakanda.
                Thanks for clarifying your belief.

Comment

Micheal b Jordan is a really outstanding actor so it won’t shock me if he is great in his role.
                  He is probably one of the best actors in the world

This dude has had a wide variety of types of movies and roles and he always seems to excel.

Marvel villains have been lame in the movies, so it shouldn’t be too hard for an actor the caliber of jordan to outshine them.
                  Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 02-17-2018, 10:14 PM.

Comment

have to see it 1st. its a bold statement, doe

heres my top 10 list -
                    1) kiser soze. this mf'er is the top of the food chain
                    2) hannibal lecter. nuff said
                    3) heaths joker. next level villainy.
                    4) anton chigurh and that crazy fncking gun.
                    5) darth vader. the dark side an sheeit
                    6) jason. he is the horror movie standard.
                    7) john doe. he put a head in the box.
                    8) mickey knox. woody did good
                    9) dinero's max cady. prime dinero is hard to beat
                    10) agent smith da matrix....all 5k of them

Comment

In my opinion, Jordan's character was dopeeee. Definitely the best villain since Ledger's Joker.

But definitely not coming close to Heath Ledger's Joker. That one is the goat villain of superhero films, as far as I'm concerned. But Killmonger is my distant second.

Comment

Working...
                      X