Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios: My Body Was Just Drained in Bradley Fight; Learned Lesson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rios: My Body Was Just Drained in Bradley Fight; Learned Lesson

Brandon Rios' recollection of his last fight against an elite welterweight is that he lost before he even entered the ring to face Timothy Bradley. The former WBA lightweight champion estimates that he came to training camp for the Bradley bout at approximately 190 pounds, 43 above the contracted limit of 147. That's no one's fault but his own, of course, but Rios spent his entire training camp trying to lose a considerable amount of weight and it clearly affected his performance.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I love Brandon but it's like he's Chris Arreola's little cousin or something. Always has a story about how he wasn't taking care of himself between fights but now he's focused on the sport. He's been saying that shit since, what, he lost his belt before the John Murray fight? When he hired a nutritionist or whatever?

Same old story, expect the same old fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      I love Brandon but it's like he's Chris Arreola's little cousin or something. Always has a story about how he wasn't taking care of himself between fights but now he's focused on the sport. He's been saying that shit since, what, he lost his belt before the John Murray fight? When he hired a nutritionist or whatever?

Yeah, spot on. I don't know who he's trying to kid, maybe himself into thinking he has a chance this time.

Comment

i think that if he is in good shape he might last the 12 rounds. if he isn't, danny stops him late

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

They're not stories or excuses. He's honest about not taking care of himself. The HBO team said he walks into fighter meetings and tells them, "look, I didn't train for this fight". . He's a slob.

Comment

The rematch was the reason Bradley retired! he aint fooling no one.

War Rios!

Comment

WAR RIOS!! He's going to make Danny fold

Comment

Honestly the fact that he's back again is enough to make me think that no, he actually hasn't learnt his lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                  The rematch was the reason Bradley retired! he aint fooling no one.

War Rios!
                  I think that cowboy hat you wear is a little too tight on your head, homes.

Comment

I am pulling for the underdog!!

Want Rios to KO his ass

Comment

Working...
                    X