No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA Confirm: Povetkin is Now The Mandatory To Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBA Confirm: Povetkin is Now The Mandatory To Joshua

Russia - In his arguably most important fight in several years, Russian Alexander Povetkin (33-1, 23 KOs) secured a one-sided yet workmanlike unanimous decision over Romanian Christian Hammer (22-5, 12 KOs). Scores: 120-107, 120-108, and 119-108 - exactly reflect Povetkin's dominance in this particular fight but says little of his shape and ability to compete with the world-beaters with the belts. Still it was a very solid win for a fighter, involved more in court battles recently than in actual fighting.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Joshua better not duck him. If he signs to fight Povetkin and Povetkin tests dirty and the fight doesn't happen i'll blame Joshua solely for it

Comment

How does a proven two time cheater gets granted #1 mando spot after beating 2-3 bums??

Comment

Y tho......

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Joshua better not duck him. If he signs to fight Povetkin and Povetkin tests dirty and the fight doesn't happen i'll blame Joshua solely for it
          Must be a Wilder fan, guess they actually do exist. Lmao!

Comment

Joshua would win, will be good while it lasted tho

Comment

Alexander Povetkin gets another chance just like Luis Ortiz I hope they both lose for cheating who's to say they haven't cheated in other fights and not just the ones they were caught.

Comment

Hearn has mentioned his 'good relationship' with World of Boxing already so i'm guessing they'll use this to put pressure on Parker to take the money they're offering, else Hearn/Joshua will skip and take on Povetkin... which also robs Parker the chance to cash out over in Russia too.

Would definitely like to see Joshua v Povetkin.

Comment

Povetkin has trouble hurting bigger opposition and needs to grind them down . He was outweighed tonight by about 30 pnds or more , went 12 and started breathing Heavy after 6 rounds against the bigger Hammer.

Joshua can actually punch so the weight difference here is going to be significant against an actual skilled boxer who dwarfs him .

I think its clear the troubles Povetkin has in store here but will put up a better fight than Parker would still .

Comment

Can't believe we're rewarding drug cheats. Do better boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X