Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't GGG throw more body punches vs Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baya View Post
    why wasn't ggg punching to the body? because it hurts when canelo hits you in the face is why
    yup not difficult to understand why. Able just came out and said the plan was to go to the body and kept telling him in the corner to do it. But Canelo's defense had him confused and he was scared to get countered. Easier to be countered when you throw a body shot.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      yup not difficult to understand why. Able just came out and said the plan was to go to the body and kept telling him in the corner to do it. But Canelo's defense had him confused and he was scared to get countered. Easier to be countered when you throw a body shot.
      Which rounds specifically?

Comment

He was paid not to so Canelo can win.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
          Which rounds specifically?
          he didn't specify but was asked why didn't he tell him to go to the body during the fight

"I did ask him in the corner, like I said, in his mind he didn't see the shots." - Sanchez

http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-...canelo--120654

Comment

Canelo never snapped GGG's head back? Ok what about this

No go ahead and show me all the examples of GGG snapping Canelo's head back with clean shots. and we can go back and forth with Gifs because there is literally an entire post full of them from canelo.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=759704
            I just hope folks make sure they are sober when they watch the rebroadcast.

I am simply amazed at how many folks discounted all of Canelo's powershots and all the amazing defense he displayed against someone who is supposed to be this unstoppable force.

He stymied and tagged Golovkin all night and even in the rounds Gennady won, it was often Canelo landing the best shots.

Comment

Yes, GGG should have used body shots earlier in fight. If he was finding they werent working for some reason, theyve always seemed to work then he could have abandoned it. Thats how it works isnt it and im no trainer.
              Why did they think Nelo was so good at countering body shots? All of GGGs other victims werent were they?

Comment

GGG is known as the KO monster he shouldn't be outlanded in power punches period. And misleading saying it was only by 4 punches because the difference in connect rate was wide almost double digit percentage points. Meaning GGG threw 70 more power punches and was STILL outlanded. Meaning he was missing a lot and badly. And judging is on a round by round basis well 7 of the 12 rounds he was outlanded in power punches by a fighter who was landing a significantly higher clip and cleaner. Canelo was outlanded by 49 overall punches, but again GGG was outlanded in every other non jab punch stat by canelo and hit at a higher rater. Canelo landed the cleaner and harder shots. GGG was busier but missed a shyt ton and only landed jabs. Became totally 1 dimensional unable to land anything downstairs or land anything with power. That wasn't an accident and damn sure not what GGG planned. Canelo's defense did that to him.

Canelo missed a lot!!!!!

Comment

I had the same thought throughout the fight. Don't get me wrong - Canelo was not giving him a ton of body opportunities and defended well, but it looked like going to the body was not even part of Golovkin's plan. He should target it more, especially seeing Canelo take long breaks in activity.

Comment

canelo learned so much from that floyd fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X