Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Coach: Team Joshua is Worried, Needed Rematch Clause

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    " He is a fighter in the Joe Louis mold "

This is exactly true . I actually posted it in a who resembles who thread a week or so ago . Ive been saying this since 2016 ,of course boxing fans cant get past the Louis name and cant grasp the concept of SIMILAR . lol

If you watch Parker he has the same style as Louis and similar parry system.

It also proves my point that Louis style wouldn't work well today bc the defensive flaws . Parker is the most easily hit top 10 HW .

One thing Louis would have today with a little refining is great accuracy , Parkers accuracy is poor .He averaged only 6 clear shots in the first 5 rnds in his last 3 fights . Overall he falls over his punches by smothering his own work bc he cannot gauge distance properly .

I did punch counts on him myself and mark my words hes in for a very bad night against Joshua .

Joshua should be a far more heavily favorite than what the bookies are leading everyone to believe .

Diddddd you dare mention the great Louis' name? and and compare him to a mere mortal!?

Well J great minds are in the same gutter lol. The thing is a puncher can be taught and learn from their mistakes easier as compared to having to teach a guy how to box from A to Z. Hopefully he can use feedback and plug them holes. Thats really funny that we both saw that with Parker. I was salvating at the prospect of a pure puncher coming on up in the ranks... Hes young still hopefully he can grow into a fighter of some note.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Tonyu

Whyte is a much better fighter than he gets credit for. Whyte throws combinations very well, and from very tight angles. It has become the common understanding somehow that Whyte is a bad fighter and in fact, he has a lot of skills. Watch tapes of his fights
      He also has the highest punchout put at HW ,he has bad stamina doe ? lol

The average HW power punch connection rate is 9 per round .

This guy averaged out when combining all rnds about 20 against Chisora ,he actually landed 34 in round 8 and ppl will still tell you he has bad stamina and they will insist he lost ,maybe they dont add body shots anymore either bche landed over 70 and 285 head shots ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
        It's not standard it has becomeing more standard, where is this going to end if all fights have rematch clauses, does every fighter have to fight each other twice. If Eddie And AJ where as confident as they say they wouldn't need rematch clauses. It's funny Parkers camp don't have one. So who is more confident I don't think team AJ really trust his glass jaw.
        Parker doesn't have a rematch clause because he's not in the position to demand one. Hearn on the other hand is going to be diligent and protect his investment by insisting on a rematch clause in case they lose... that's not to say that they are expecting to lose or are worried they will lose; it's simply a backup in case the unexpected happens and is a sound business move.

Comment

Originally posted by boxxsingh View Post
          Wilder and AJ would wipe the floor with him and Ruiz.
          Nah they'd have as much a hard time as Parker did.

Ruiz isn't a can lining up to be crushed by some overhyped titleist!

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
            A 42 yr old former big puncher, 2 yrs out of the ring and coming off an embarrassing loss.

Parker is none of those and nor will he gas late like klitschko or fail to put AJ away after he hurts him.

Team AJ know this is his biggest test as does Team Parker.

We all know the giant robot has a glass jaw and can be knocked over easily, we also know the big hearted Samoan warrior doesn't and can't.

AJ is working on going the distance by cutting weight and going for stamina and speed, which may sacrifice power, given he doesn't generate much from anywhere beyond his heavily muscled arms.

Parker already has stamina and speed and will be working on generating more power from even better foot work against a guy who will be standing in front of him waiting to be hit.

AJ can't and won't run around like Baby Hughie for 12 rounds, nor will he be able to stand and trade combos with Parker like Ruiz, without going down.

Joshua gave everything to get a dubious reffing decision against Takam, a guy who took a fight on 2 weeks notice and never looked like being dropped.

Oilskin is coming in hot and fully prepared and the only thing that can possibly save AJ from a humiliating defeat is more home cooked reffing.

I believe Parker is gonna take the ref out of the equation, crack the giant robots glass jaw A LOT and eventually put him to sleep in the championship rounds of 11 or 12.
            At 41 Wlad certainly hadn't lost he's power, as big George proved, heavyweights are still hard punchers at an advanced age. Wlads experience counts for something too.Losing to Tyson Fury, awkward as he is isn't that surprising. He may have lost to him even five years younger. Styles make fights. I've watched Parker fight he's sparring partner, who had been flattened previously, and he was unable to dent him. Ruiz, Takam and Fury made it close. None of them are as big and dangerous as AJ. I think Joshua takes this on points, with Parker staying outside too long after having he's first taste of superheavy. But not long til we see for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
              It's not standard it has becomeing more standard, where is this going to end if all fights have rematch clauses, does every fighter have to fight each other twice. If Eddie And AJ where as confident as they say they wouldn't need rematch clauses. It's funny Parkers camp don't have one. So who is more confident I don't think team AJ really trust his glass jaw.
              Rematch clause IS standard when the much bigger drawing fighter is fighting a voluntary fight. Which is the case here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
                I'd wager that Klitschko is a big difference in the two, being that Joshua was in against someone of a similar level in size power and skill, and it was a war where Joshua had to dig deep. This is a big experience edge all on its own where Parker hasn't been to such depths. Even in the Whyte fight AJ was tested to a degree against an ambitious fighter in a big domestic grudge match. We've never seen that in Parker, who hadn't had to call on himself in that way. As for Takam, he pushed Parker quite close, whereas he was shut out by Joshua. Parker is the one stepping up to a level he's never been to before here.
                Joshua has grown as a fighter since the Whyte and Wlad fights. Parker has arguably regressed in his last few fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
                  Ruiz, Takam and Fury made it close. None of them are as big and dangerous as AJ.
                  None of them are as flat footed, robotic and glass jawed as AJ either.

OK, maybe baby Hughie has a suspect chin too, who knows?

That kid knows how to take the power out of anyone's shots and stay out of range...

I'd love to see windmill trip over his own chicken legs trying catch up with him though!

Comment

Nah they'd have as much a hard time as Parker did.

Ruiz isn't a can lining up to be crushed by some overhyped titleist!
                    Ruiz is a fat cruiserweight. Won't last 5 rounds vs either Doentay or AJ. Still needed a controversial home town decision for Parker to win vs him.
                    Tell me about how great Razvan Cojanu is though.

Comment

None of them are as flat footed, robotic and glass jawed as AJ either.

OK, maybe baby Hughie has a suspect chin too, who knows?

That kid knows how to take the power out of anyone's shots and stay out of range...

I'd love to see windmill trip over his own chicken legs trying catch up with him though!
                      None of them are going to last 5 rounds with Joshua and Wilder you helmet
                      If Parker had strength he would knock at least one of them out.
                      You need to change your expired crack fella. Anyone suggesting the likes of Andy Ruiz have a better chin than Joshua need examining. 😂

Comment

Working...
                      X